OFFICIAL RULESOfficial Rules for Yahoo! Sports Pro Football Pick'em Promotion
Southwest Airlines' Yahoo Sports 2012 Pro Football Pick'em Promotion
NOTE: There are no prizes in private groups. You are, however, still fighting to end atop the standings so you can have bragging rights over friends, colleagues, and game players from across the globe.
THE FOLLOWING PROMOTION IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE FIFTY UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ONLY (COLLECTIVELY, THE "ELIGIBILITY AREA") AND SHALL ONLY BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO UNITED STATES LAW. DO NOT ENTER THIS PROMOTION IF YOU ARE NOT LOCATED IN, AND A LEGAL RESIDENT OF, THE ELIGIBILITY AREA.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
ENTRY IN THIS PROMOTION CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES ("Official Rules").
- Eligibility: To participate in the Southwest Airlines’ Yahoo Sports 2012 Pro Football Pick’em Promotion (the "Promotion") you must be a legal resident of the Eligibility Area, 21 years or older at the time of entry, and holder of a current, valid Yahoo ID. The Promotion is void in overseas U.S. territories, possessions, commonwealths and military installations and where prohibited by law. Employees and agents of Southwest Airlines ("Sponsor"), AirTran Airways, Yahoo Holdings, Inc. (“Yahoo” or “Co-Sponsor”) (Southwest Airlines and Yahoo are together referred to as “Sponsors”), each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies, any other participating prize sponsor, and any entity involved with or otherwise providing services related to this Promotion (all of the foregoing, together with Sponsors, collectively referred to as "Promotion Entities"), and the immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and persons living in the same household as such individuals, whether related or not, are not eligible to participate or win. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. To obtain a free Yahoo ID, visit http://sports.yahoo.com, follow the "New User? Sign Up" link at the top of the page, and follow the instructions to create your Yahoo account. You will be asked to provide your first and last name, physical mailing address (no post office boxes), telephone number, and email address. You may also be asked to answer optional questions; however, they need not be answered in order to be eligible for the Promotion.
How to Enter: The Promotion begins at 12:01 AM Pacific Time (“PT”) on August 21, 2012, and ends at the conclusion of the final regularly scheduled game of the 2012 Professional Football regular season (the “2012 Season”), tentatively scheduled for December 30, 2012 (the “Promotion Period”). If the final game of the 2012 Season is adjusted for any reason, then the Promotion Period will automatically be adjusted to reflect that change. To enter the Promotion, visit the Yahoo Sports Pro Football Pick’em home page, located at http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/pickem (the “Promotion Website”), and select “Join A Group.” From there, select “Join Public Group” (pick sets in Private Groups are ineligible for the Promotion). After you've agreed to the game’s Terms of Service, you’ll have a chance to name your pick set and select your preferences. When you've confirmed and submitted your entry information, you will see a confirmation page. From there, you can take advantage of links to make your picks or visit your group. Once you have completed your registration for Pro Football Pick’em, you must opt-in for this Promotion in order to be eligible for a prize. To opt-in during registration, check the box in the “Prize Eligibility” section of the Join Public Group registration flow, then enter your full name and phone number. You have until the end of the Promotion Period to opt in for the Promotion. To opt-in to the Promotion after you’ve registered for the game, you must check the box in the “Prize Eligibility” section of the “Edit My Info” page. To do so, go to the “Edit My Info” link at the top left corner of the Promotion Website while you are logged in and viewing your picks. When prompted to do so, enter your full name and phone number, and follow the directions to submit your Promotion registration information.
Internet access is required to enter and all entries must be submitted online through the Promotion Website. Limit one entry per person and valid Yahoo ID for the duration of the Promotion Period. Additional entries received from any one person or Yahoo ID will be void. Each entry must be submitted separately. Incomplete entries are void. A user who: (a) has properly signed up for Yahoo Sports Pro Football Pick’em; (b) has opted in to participating in the Promotion by submitting the foregoing Promotion registration materials within the deadlines described in these Official Rules; and (c) who is otherwise in full compliance with the eligibility restrictions and all other provisions of these Official Rules, is referred to as a "Promotion Participant."
For purposes of these Official Rules, "receipt" of an entry occurs when Yahoo's servers record your entry when properly submitted from the Promotion Website in accordance with the instructions above. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the holder of the Yahoo ID associated with a particular entry, the dispute will be resolved in favor of the individual who is both the authorized holder of the Yahoo ID and password associated with the account (based upon information submitted at the time the account was created or updated upon registration for this Promotion) and, if available, the "authorized email account holder" of the "alternate email address" provided when the Yahoo ID was created. "Authorized email account holder" is defined as the natural person assigned an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (i.e., business, educational institution) responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. If there is a discrepancy between the name of the person listed as the authorized holder of the Yahoo ID and the authorized email account holder of the alternate email address provided when the Yahoo ID was created, that Yahoo ID will be disqualified and any potential prize will be forfeited. A potential prize winner may be required to provide Sponsors with proof that he/she is the authorized Account holder as described above.
The submission of an entry is solely the responsibility of the Promotion Participant. Entries may only be made according to the method described above. Proof of sending (such as an automated computer receipt confirming delivery of email or "thanks for entering" message) does not constitute proof of actual receipt by Sponsors of an entry for purposes of these Official Rules.
Sponsors are not responsible for lost, incomplete, illegible, late, damaged, delayed, garbled or misdirected entries, selections, or email messages; lost or postage-due mail; failures or malfunctions of phones, phone lines or telephone systems or other communications malfunctions; interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections including those through Yahoo.com or the Promotion Website; miscommunications, failed computer hardware or software or other technical failures; garbled, lost, misrouted or scrambled transmissions; any virus, error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in any transmission or communication; traffic congestion on the Internet or for any technical problem, including, but not limited to, any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in this Promotion; printing, typographical or other errors appearing within these Official Rules or in any Promotion-related advertisements or other materials; or other errors or problems of any kind whether mechanical, human, technical, electronic or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Promotion, including, without limitation, errors or problems which may occur in connection with the administration of the Promotion, the processing of entries or the announcement of the prizes. Entries using a macro, bot, script, or other form of automated entry will be disqualified and are void. Entries made by anyone other than the Promotion Participant and originating at any internet site other than the Promotion Website are void. All entries become the property of Sponsors and will not be acknowledged or returned.
How To Play: The Promotion is based on the Promotion Participants’ performance in Yahoo Sports Pro Football Pick’em (“Pro Football Pick’em”). In addition to these Official Rules, further details about how to play Pro Football Pick’em are located at http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/pickem/contestrules. (“Pro Football Pick’em Instructions”). The Pro Football Pick’em Instructions are incorporated into these Official Rules by reference. However, while the rules of the Promotion generally follow the rules of Pro Football Pick’em, they are modified by the terms of these Official Rules for purposes of gameplay, scoring and winning in this Promotion. As such, where there is a discrepancy between the Pro Football Pick’em Instructions and these Official Rules, these Official Rules control.
The object of the Promotion is, while playing Pro Football Pick’Em, to accumulate as many points as possible by correctly picking the winning team in each of the games played during the 2012 Season. Only “public groups” are eligible to participate in this Promotion.
The deadline for submitting picks during each week of the 2012 Season (each, a “Week”) will be posted on the Promotion Website. All picks for a given Week must be submitted before that deadline to be considered in connection with this Promotion.
Each time a Promotion Participant correctly picks the winning team in a game played during the 2012 Season, he/she will receive one point (a “Promotion Point”) in the standings for this Promotion (the “Promotion Standings”). Please note that no Promotion Points are awarded for games that end in ties. The Promotion Points earned by each Promotion Participant will be tallied, and the Promotion Participant who finishes with the highest Promotion Point total in the Promotion Standings among all Promotion Participants will win the “Weekly Prize” for that Week, as described below. NOTE THAT THE LEADERBOARDS ASSOCIATED WITH THE PUBLIC VERSION OF PRO FOOTBALL PICK’EM INCLUDE SCORES POSTED BOTH BY PROMOTION PARTICIPANTS, AND BY NON-PROMOTION PARTICIPANTS. AS SUCH, THE LEADERBOARDS ON THE PROMOTION WEBSITE DO NOT REFLECT THE STANDINGS FOR THIS PROMOTION.
At the bottom of your picks page, you will see a series of tiebreaker questions, the results of which will be used as tiebreakers in the event of a tie between you and other Promotion Participants (each, a “Tiebreaker Pick”). You will be asked to predict the scores of two different games being played that week, and to predict which teams will score the most and the fewest points that week. Answers to these questions are not mandatory but it is in your best interests to provide them.
Weekly Tiebreakers: In the event that two or more Promotion Participants finish any Week of the Promotion with the same number of Promotion Points, the tie will be broken by applying the following tiebreakers, in order, until the tie is broken:
- Closest to the total points for the first selected Tiebreaker Pick for that Week
- Closest to the home team points for the first selected Tiebreaker Pick for that Week
- Closest to the away team points for the first selected Tiebreaker Pick for that Week
- Closest to the total points for the second selected Tiebreaker Pick for that Week
- Closest to the home team points for the second selected Tiebreaker Pick for that Week
- Closest to the away team points for the second selected Tiebreaker Pick for that Week
- Closest to the highest scoring team of the Week
- Closest to the lowest scoring team of the Week
- Whichever player had more Promotion Points in the previous Week (or the Week before that if still tied, etc.)
End-of-Season Tiebreakers: In the event that two or more Promotion Participants finish the 2012 Regular Season with the same number of Promotion Points, the tie will be broken by applying the following tiebreakers, in order, until the tie is broken:
- Number of Promotion Points earned in Week 17
- Week 17 tiebreaker predictions (1-8 from “Weekly Tiebreakers,” above)
- Number of Promotion Points earned in Week 16
- Week 16 tiebreaker predictions (1-8 from “Weekly Tiebreakers,” above)
- Number of Promotion Points earned in Week 15
- Week 15 tiebreaker predictions (1-8 from “Weekly Tiebreakers,” above)
- Week 14 through Week 1 tiebreaker predictions, as above
- Random coin flip
Prizes: Seventeen Weekly Prizes (each, a “Weekly Prize”), one per Week during the 2012 Season, will be awarded. The Weekly Prize will be awarded to the Promotion Participant who earned the single highest Promotion Point total from among all Promotion Participants for that Week, and if necessary, subject to the Weekly Tiebreaker requirements described above. Each Week’s Weekly Prize winner will receive two roundtrip airline tickets from Southwest Airlines, for use on regularly scheduled published flights anywhere Southwest Airlines flies, subject to Southwest Airlines terms and conditions. Certain restrictions may apply. Airline tickets will expire one year from date of issue. Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of each Weekly Prize: $420. The total ARV of all Weekly Prizes is $7,140.
One Grand Prize (the “Grand Prize”), will be awarded to the Promotion Participant who scores the highest cumulative Promotion Point total over the course of the entire 2012 Season from among all Promotion Participants, and if necessary, subject to the End-of-Season Tiebreakers described above. A Promotion Participant’s cumulative Promotion Point total is calculated by summing all of the Promotion Participant’s weekly Promotion Point scores from throughout the season. The Grand Prize winner will receive a Las Vegas vacation prize package for two from Southwest Airlines. Package is for the winner and one guest and consists of 4 nights deluxe hotel accommodations (one room, double occupancy), 2 tickets to a Cirque du Soleil® show, roundtrip airport and hotel transfers, and 24-hour traveler’s assistance. Vacation package is valid for travel dates between February 1, 2013, and March 31, 2014. Grand Prize winner will also receive two airline tickets from Southwest Airlines, for use on regularly scheduled published flights anywhere Southwest Airlines flies, subject to Southwest Airlines’ regular terms and conditions. Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of Grand Prize is $1,540 (approximate retail value may vary depending on cost of accommodations at time of reservation and winner’s point of departure).
The following applies to all prizes: Approximate retail value of all prizes: $8,680. Each winner and his/her guest must be 21 years of age and older. Prizes cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer and may not be separated. Prizes may not be transferred or assigned except by Sponsors. Winner and travel companions must travel on dates specified by Sponsors. Exact dates are at the discretion of Sponsors. All persons must depart from and return to same airport. Companions may be required to sign an affidavit upon Sponsors’ request. Tickets will bear the date of issue and expiration and may contain additional restrictions. Tickets are not redeemable for cash or credit and will not be replaced if lost or stolen. No substitutions, cash equivalents, or transfer of prize permitted except at the sole discretion of the Sponsors, who reserve the right to substitute the prize (or any portion thereof) with one of equal or greater value, except as otherwise set forth herein. Expenses not specifically stated in these rules, together with the reporting and payment of all applicable taxes, fees, and/or surcharges, if any, arising out of, or resulting from, acceptance or use of a prize, are the sole responsibility of the winner of that prize.
All decisions of Sponsors are final in all matters, including determination of the Promotion winner, interpretation of these Official Rules, and awarding of prizes. Odds of winning a prize depend on total number of eligible entries received.
PLEASE NOTE THAT EVEN IF YOUR ENTRY QUALIFIES YOU AS A POTENTIAL WINNER AT THE CLOSE OF THIS PROMOTION, YOU HAVE NOT YET WON A PRIZE. POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSORS, AND MUST MEET ALL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS BEFORE A PROMOTION PARTICIPANT WILL BE CONFIRMED AS A WINNER AND A PRIZE WILL BE AWARDED.
- Winner Notification, Prize Claim and Release. The potential winner for a particular Weekly Prize will be notified by Sponsors or Sponsors’ representative by email, telephone, and/or mail approximately two weeks after the completion of the Week for which that prize is being awarded. The potential Grand Prize winner will be notified by Sponsors or Sponsors’ representative by email, telephone, and/or mail on or about January 7, 2013. Any potential Prize winner will be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release, and where permitted by law, a publicity release within three days of date of issuance of notification, together with any additional information (such as social security number) that may be required by Sponsors. If: (a) a potential winner fails to satisfy any of the foregoing requirements or these Official Rules; (b) the prize notification is returned as non-deliverable for any reason; or (c) the Promotion Entities are unable to contact a potential winner, in each case that potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner selected by means determined by Sponsors. All prize claims, affidavits, and releases are subject to verification in Sponsors’ sole discretion. If legitimately claimed, the Prizes will be awarded. No unclaimed prizes will be awarded. Each Winner may be issued an IRS Form 1099 which documents the value of the prize for tax purposes. Guests of winners must execute Liability Releases, and where legal, Publicity Releases, prior to the issuance of travel documents.
Limitation of Liability. By entering, each Promotion Participant agrees: 1) that Sponsors and their designees shall have the right and permission to use the Promotion Participant’s name and/or picture and/or likeness or biographical information or voice for trade, advertising, promotional and/or any other purpose in any media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity without any further compensation, consideration, permission or notification except where prohibited by law; and 2) that Sponsors and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") shall have no liability for any liability, loss, injury or damage, including, without limitation, personal injury, death or damage to personal or real property, to Promotion Participant or any other person or entity due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of prize or participation in this Promotion. BY ENTERING, EACH PROMOTION PARTICIPANT AGREES TO RELEASE, HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY THE RELEASED PARTIES, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENTS, DIVISIONS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, ADVERTISING, PROMOTION, AND PUBLIC RELATIONS AGENCIES, AND THE RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS OF EACH FOR ANY LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND SUSTAINED IN CONNECTION WITH THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OR AWARDING OF THE PRIZE OR WHILE PREPARING FOR, PARTICIPATING IN AND/OR TRAVELING TO OR FROM ANY PRIZE- OR PROMOTION-RELATED ACTIVITY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY INJURY, DAMAGE, DEATH, LOSS, OR ACCIDENT TO PERSON OR PROPERTY.
In addition, Released Parties assume no responsibility or liability for lost, late, misdirected, or garbled entries, or for theft, destruction, or unauthorized access to, entries. Released Parties assume no responsibility for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions in the Promotion. Released Parties assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, email, players, or browsers, whether on account of technical problems, traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing, that may occur (including but not limited to any such problems which may result in the ability to access the Promotion Website or to process any game transaction(s) in connection with the Promotion. Released Parties assume no responsibility for any injury or damage to participants or to any computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Promotion. If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Promotion Entities which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsors reserve the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion. In the event of termination of the Promotion, Sponsors reserve the right, at their discretion, select winner(s) from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the event requiring termination according to the winner selection process described in the Official Rules. In addition, should the 2012 Season be postponed, shortened, interrupted, modified, or cancelled for any reason, Sponsors reserve the right at their sole discretion to award prizes at the time the professional football season is affected, or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Promotion.
- General Conditions. By entering the Promotion, Promotion Participants agree to comply with and be bound by these Official Rules. The Official Rules will be posted at the Promotion Website throughout the Promotion. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from the Sweepstakes. Promotion Participants further agree to comply with and be bound by the decisions of the judges, which will be final and binding in all respects. Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual found to be: (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion, or any Yahoo website; (b) violating these Official Rules; (c) violating the terms of service, conditions of use and/or general rules or guidelines of any Yahoo property or service; or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PROMOTION PARTICIPANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Privacy. By entering this Promotion, you agree to Sponsors’ use of your personal information as described in their respective privacy policies, located at: http://www.southwest.com/travel_center/privacy_policy.html and http://info.yahoo.com/privacy/us/yahoo/promotions/details.html.
- Winners' List: For a winner list, available after all winners have been confirmed, visit http://bit.ly/NpGBAU.
- Promotion Sponsors: Southwest Airlines Co., PO Box 36611, Dallas, TX, 75235-1611 and Yahoo Holdings, Inc., 701 First Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94089. Southwest Airlines is not a sponsor of Yahoo Sports Pro Football Pick’em.
Yahoo© is a registered trademark of Yahoo Holdings, Inc.
©2012 Southwest Airlines Co. All Rights Reserved