THE FOLLOWING CONTEST (the "Contest") IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND THE FIFTY UNITED STATES, EXCLUDING RESIDENTS OF ARIZONA, IOWA, LOUISIANA, MONTANA, AND WASHINGTON (COLLECTIVELY, THE "ELIGIBILITY AREA") ONLY AND SHALL ONLY BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES.
DO NOT ENTER THIS CONTEST IF: (a) YOU ARE NOT AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE (OR THE AGE OF LEGAL MAJORITY IN YOUR STATE OF LEGAL RESIDENCE, WHICHEVER IS GREATER) AS OF THE TIME OF ENTRY; and (b) YOU ARE NOT LOCATED IN, AND A LEGAL RESIDENT OF, THE ELIGIBILITY AREA DURING THE ENTIRE TERM OF THIS CONTEST. SEE BELOW FOR ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS.
YOU ARE SUBJECT TO BINDING ARBITRATION AND A WAIVER OF CLASS ACTION RIGHTS AS DETAILED BELOW.
ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE TERMS OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
1. Overview: Take the field with Yahoo Sports Fantasy Football Pro Leagues, a fantasy football game that gives you the chance to run your own team of professional football players from the first kickoff through the late season battles for playoff positioning.
Yahoo Sports Fantasy Football Pro Leagues ("Fantasy Football Pro Leagues" or the "Contest"; each such league participating in the Contest is a "League") is a game of skill where you compete against other users to win prizes based on your knowledge and skill in assembling and managing a fantasy Football team (your "Team"). Your goal is to get the best Team on the field each day, since the better your players perform in real-life games, the more value they bring to your fantasy Team.
2. How To Play: In addition to these Official Rules, additional rules, help files, instructions and guidelines regarding game play and scoring (which are fully incorporated into these Official Rules by reference) are located at https://help.yahoo.com/kb/fantasy-football/SLN14998.html?impressions=true (the "Game Instructions"). In the event of a conflict between the Game Instructions and these Official Rules, these Official Rules will control.
3. Acceptance of Terms: Your participation in Fantasy Football Pro Leagues constitutes your acceptance of the Yahoo Sports Fantasy Football Additional Terms of Service, located at http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/proleagues_atos (the "Additional Terms of Service") and these official Contest rules (the "Official Rules"), which are incorporated into the Additional Terms of Service by reference. Both the Additional Terms of Service and the Official Rules will be available at http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/proleagues (the "Contest Site") during the entire term of the Contest. In the event of a conflict between the Additional Terms of Service and these Official Rules, the Official Rules will control.
4. Eligibility: The Contest is void where prohibited. To be eligible for a prize in the Contest, you must be at least 18 years of age (or the age of majority in your state of legal residence, whichever is greater) and a legal resident of the District of Columbia or the fifty United States, except for residents of Arizona, Iowa, Louisiana, Montana, and Washington (collectively, the "Eligibility Area").
In addition, the following groups of persons are not eligible to win prizes in the Contest: employees and agents of Yahoo! Inc. (the "Sponsor"), its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies, any other prize sponsor, and any entity involved in the development, production, implementation, administration or fulfillment of the Contest (all the foregoing, together with Sponsor, collectively referred to as "Contest Entities"), and the immediate family members and persons living in the same household as any of the above. Persons who meet the definition of Contest Entities under this paragraph are welcome to participate in the Contest, but will not be eligible to win any prizes.
5. How To Register: For the 2015 season, payment of an entry fee is required to register a Team. The fee to register a Team depends on the type of League for which you are registering: $20 for a Team competing in a "PRO20 League", $50 for a Team competing in a "PRO50 League", $100 for a Team competing in a "PRO100 League", or $250 for a Team competing in a "PRO250 League". If you are not an existing Yahoo ID holder, you will also be asked to create a Yahoo ID under which you will manage your Team. Follow the on-screen directions to completely fill out the entry form with your entry information. As part of your entry, you will be asked to provide valid contact information. This information is mandatory if you wish to be considered for a League prize at the end of the season. A user who has not provided valid registration information will automatically be deemed ineligible and will not be considered for a prize. A valid PayPal account is required to receive a prize.
Please note that individual Teams may only be played under the Yahoo ID with which they were created, and may not be transferred to another Yahoo ID or played by another person. Also, you may not share an account with another person or allow another user to play under your Yahoo ID.
6. Playing Season: Sign ups begin on July 28, 2015, at 7:00 PM PT, and continue through October 3, 2015 at 11:59 PM PT.
Fantasy Football Pro Leagues are normally played in connection with the 2015 NFL regular season (the "2015 Season"). As currently scheduled, the 2015 Season begins on September 10, 2015 and concludes with the final day of regular season games on January 3, 2016.
The 2015 Season is divided into a series of 16 "Game Weeks." Game Weeks generally follow a seven-day Tuesday-Monday schedule, beginning each Tuesday morning at 12:00 AM PT and ending the following Monday evening at 11:59 PM PT, or at the conclusion of the last regularly scheduled game for that Monday, whichever comes first. The first Game Week is currently scheduled to begin with the start of the 2015 Season on Thursday, September 10, 2015 at 12:00 AM PT, and end the following Monday, September 14, 2015 at 11:59 PM PT, or at the conclusion of the last regularly scheduled game for that Monday, whichever comes first.
Game Weeks 1-14 constitute the "Fantasy Regular Season," and Game Weeks 15-16 constitute the "Fantasy Playoffs." Refer to "League Standings, Playoffs and Winners" below for more details.
If your League conducts its draft after a Game Week is already underway, your Team/League will not begin its season until the start of the following Game Week. Your League's Fantasy Regular Season will also be shortened accordingly.
Please keep in mind that you will only receive credit for real-life games that begin and are played after your League's initial draft has taken place and your League's season is underway. Also, please bear in mind that the real-life playoffs have no bearing on any of the Leagues in this Contest. Statistics from real-life playoff games, and from any makeup games that may be played after the scheduled end date of the 2015 Season, will not be included in the scoring for any League in this Contest.
7. Leagues: There is no limit to the number or type of Fantasy Football Pro Leagues you are allowed to join. You may purchase as many teams as you would like for $20, $50, $100, or $250 each (depending on whether you select the PRO20 League, PRO50 League, PRO100 League, or PRO250 League option).
All Leagues in Fantasy Football Pro Leagues are public leagues that use the same standard Head-to-Head scoring system. Refer to "Scoring" below for more information.
In each League, you are competing against a group of fantasy fans from around the country. When you sign up, you will be randomly placed in a League with other managers who have chosen the same type of League (i.e. PRO20, PRO50, PRO100, or PRO250), draft type, and draft time.
While other Fantasy Football games allow different league sizes, all Fantasy Football Pro Leagues have exactly 10 managers per League. A League will not conduct a draft or begin League play until all 10 slots have been filled. If your League does not fill up before its scheduled draft time, the League will be canceled, and all managers will be issued a refund to their Yahoo Sports Fantasy Wallet accounts.
8. Drafting Your Roster: Once all 10 manager slots have been filled, your League is eligible to conduct a live online draft to determine the rosters for each Team. Depending on which type of draft you chose during the registration process, you will participate in either a Standard Draft or an Auction Draft. (Note that "Autopick" and "Offline" drafts are not available in Fantasy Football Pro Leagues).
a. Standard Draft
In a live online standard draft (a "Standard Draft"), each manager selects a squad in a real-time, round-robin online meeting with the other managers in the League. During his/her turn each round, the manager selects one player to add to his/her squad, until the Team's roster is full. The draft order reverses each round, so the manager that starts the first round ends the second, and the manager that ends the first round starts the second, and so on.
b. Auction Draft
In a live online auction draft (an "Auction Draft"), each manager selects a squad in a real-time, auction-style online meeting with other managers in the League. At the start of the draft, managers are randomly assigned a nomination order, and given a budget for acquiring players. They can exhaust this budget in any way they choose, bidding on and drafting any player within their remaining budget. Managers take turns nominating players for bidding in a circular order (1-10, 1-10, etc.). A player auction begins once a nominating manager places an opening bid on a selected player. Managers may bid whatever amount they feel a particular player is worth. When a single high bid remains, the player is awarded to the winning manager and the bid amount is deducted from the winning manager's funds. This process repeats until every manager's roster is completely filled.
Additional details and full instructions about how to participate in your League's draft can be found in the Drafting section of the Game Instructions.
9. Setting Your Roster: Once your draft is complete, your Team will have a full roster of starting and bench players for the first game of the season. If you make no changes, your Team's initial day of scoring will be conducted with the players you chose as starting players in the League's initial draft. Throughout the season, it's up to you to make adjustments to your roster based on your knowledge and skill in evaluating how your players are performing in their real-life games. Refer to the Transaction Deadlines article for more information about making adjustments to your roster, including deadlines for when roster moves may be made.
You can also make changes to your roster through the waiver system, free agency, and trades with other managers. Refer to the Waivers, Free Agents, and Trades sections of the Game Instructions for more details.
10. Scoring: Every player in an active position slot on your roster will earn fantasy points ("Fantasy Points") for their performances in a variety of real-life statistical categories (each, a "Category"). Each Category has a point value. Refer to the Standard League Configuration Settings article for details. While Yahoo keeps track of statistics for players in bench spots, you will not receive any Fantasy Points for the performance of players who were on your bench at the time those statistics were accrued.
If any real-life game scheduled to be played on a date during the 16 Game Weeks of the Contest is rescheduled to a later date for any reason, players participating in that game will only earn Fantasy Points for their fantasy Teams if the game is made up before the start of the first game of the next Game Week after which the affected game was originally scheduled. Real-life games that are rescheduled to a subsequent Game Week will not count toward the players' Fantasy Point totals. Yahoo reserves the right to reschedule the Fantasy Regular Season, the Fantasy Playoffs, or the conclusion of Fantasy Football Pro Leagues in the event that the 2015 Season schedule is changed for any reason.
In a Head-to-Head League, your Team squares off each Game Week in a matchup against another manager's Team. During that Game Week's real-life games, the fantasy players on each Team earn Fantasy Points for their performances in each Category.
The number of Fantasy Points earned by all of the active players on your Team in their real-life games played each Game Week are added together to produce your weekly total. If your Team accumulates more points than your opponent in that week's head-to-head matchup, then you earn a "win." Similarly, if your opponent's Team outscores your Team in the matchup, then you earn a "loss." Ties are also possible, and will be awarded to both Teams if they each score the exact same number of points in a head-to-head matchup.
The win/loss/tie records of each Team are the basis for the League standings at any given moment. At the conclusion of the Fantasy Regular Season, the standings are used to determine the seeding of the Fantasy Playoffs. So, to win your League, your Team must first qualify for the Fantasy Playoffs based on your League's regular season standings, and then win all of your Team's Fantasy Playoff matchups. See "Playoffs and League Standings" below for more information. See "League Standings, Playoffs, and Winners" below for more information.
11. Roster Moves: You can add and drop players from your Team using one of the following methods:
a. Waivers: In real life, professional Football teams use waivers to make the rights to a player available to all the other teams in the league on an equitable basis. Fantasy Football Pro Leagues features a comprehensive waiver system that builds upon the real-life waiver concept in a number of important ways. The waiver system ensures that all Team managers have a fair chance to add players to their Teams from among the pool of players that happen to be available at any point in the Contest. See help article on Waivers for more information.
b. Free Agents: All players who are not currently on any Team in your League, and who are not otherwise currently on waivers are considered free agents. Free agents may be acquired by any manager in the League on a first-come, first-served basis. See help file on Free Agents for more information.
c. Trades: : A trade consists of one Team exchanging a player or players with another Team in the same League. For more information on how to conduct trades, deadlines for trading activity, and the process by which trades are reviewed, see help file on Trades.
In particular, please keep in mind that each League has a trading deadline. For the 2015 Season, the trading deadline is November 13, 2015, at 11:59 PM PT. The trading deadline does not impact a manager's ability to add players via waivers or free agency.
12. League Standings, Playoffs, and Winners
Throughout the Contest, the Teams in each Head-to-Head League are ranked on the basis of their win/loss/tie record and the winning percentage associated with that record (the "Standings").
The Standings are updated once a week at the conclusion of the current Game Week. A Team's winning percentage is calculated as:
(Wins + 1/2 of the number of ties) / Total games played in the Fantasy Season to date
If a Team plays a weekly matchup that results in a tie, it's counted as half of a win when determining the Team's Winning Percentage. For example, a Team that finishes the 14-week Fantasy Regular Season with a record of 7-6-1 will have a Winning Percentage of .536, because 7 wins + 0.5 [that is, 1/2 times the number of ties, 1], divided by 14, the number of games played = .536.
At the end of the Fantasy Regular Season (i.e., at the conclusion of Game Week 14), the top four Teams in a League ranked according to their respective overall Winning Percentages will compete against each other in a two-week, single-elimination, head-to-head playoff bracket, conducted in connection with Game Weeks 15-16 of the 2015 Season (the "Championship Bracket"). The League's first, second, third, and fourth place finishers will be determined from the win/loss results at the conclusion of the Championship Bracket.
Similarly, to determine the final standings for 5th-8th place, a second group comprised of the 5th through 8th place Teams in the League Standings as of the conclusion of the Fantasy Regular Season will participate in a similar two-week Head-to-Head consolation bracket (the "Consolation Bracket"). The Consolation Bracket will also be held in connection with Game Weeks 15-16 of the 2015 Season. There are no prizes associated with the Consolation Bracket, and the outcome of the Consolation Bracket has no bearing on the Championship Bracket.
The season is over for the 9th and 10th place Teams at the conclusion of the Fantasy Regular Season.
In the event of a tie in the Standings of two or more Teams at the conclusion of the Fantasy Regular Season, or a matchup tie between two Teams during the Fantasy Playoffs, the tie will be broken using the tiebreak formulas described in the Regular Season Tiebreak Rules and Playoff Tiebreak Rules articles, respectively.
Note that the Fantasy Playoffs do not include any real-life playoff games, and the real-life playoff games have no bearing on the Fantasy Playoffs. All Fantasy Playoffs will conclude by the end of the real-life regular season.
The matchups for Fantasy Playoffs are as follows:
(In the table below, P1, P2, etc., refer to the Championship Bracket, while C1, C2, etc., refer to the Consolation Bracket.)
|Four Team Playoffs:||First Week|
|P1: #1 seed vs. #4 seed|
|P2: #2 seed vs. #3 seed|
|C1: #5 seed vs. #8 seed|
|C2: #6 seed vs. #7 seed|
|Championship: Winner P1 vs. Winner P2|
|Third Place: Loser P1 vs. Loser P2|
|Fifth Place: Winner C1 vs. Winner C2|
|Seventh Place: Loser C1 vs. Loser C2|
13. League Winner Prizes: At the conclusion of the Contest, Yahoo Sports awards prizes to the top three eligible Teams in each League based on the results of that League's Fantasy Playoffs.
PRO20 League Prizes:
Total value of all Prizes in an individual PRO20 League: $180.
PRO50 League Prizes:
Total value of all Prizes in an individual PRO50 League: $450.
PRO100 League Prizes:
Total value of all Prizes in an individual PRO100 League: $900.
PRO250 League Prizes:
Total value of all Prizes in an individual PRO250 League: $2,250
There are no prizes associated with 4th-10th places in any League.
The overall total value of all prizes awarded in the Contest will depend on the number of eligible Leagues in the Contest. The awarding of any prize in any League in the Contest is subject to the tiebreak rules, if applicable, set forth above. In the event that a potential prize winner is deemed ineligible for any reason, the prize will be awarded to the next eligible participant in the League's final standings. Should such a substitution be necessary, the prize positions will be shifted proportionally. For example, if a potential Second Place prize winner is deemed ineligible, the third place finisher, if eligible, will be awarded the Second Place prize, the fourth place finisher, if eligible, will be awarded the Third Place prize, and so on. No winner will receive double prizes as the result of a higher-ranked participant being deemed ineligible.
Please note that even if your fantasy Team is listed in a prize-winning position in the Standings for your League as of the close of the Contest, you have not yet won a prize. All potential winners are subject to verification by Yahoo, and must meet all eligibility requirements before a prize will be awarded. In addition, you MUST provide valid contact information during the registration process to be considered for a prize. A participant who finishes in a prize-winning position in his/her League but who has not provided valid registration information will be deemed ineligible, and the prize will be awarded to the next eligible participant in the League's final standings using the same process described above. If there are no further eligible participants remaining in the League, the prize(s) will not be awarded.
Potential prize winners will be notified by U.S. mail, email, telephone and/or overnight courier within thirty days after the conclusion of the Contest. If you are a potential prize winner, and Yahoo is unable to reach you for five days after first attempting to contact you, you may be disqualified. An alternate winner may then be selected according to the standings in your League, and, if necessary, subject to the same tiebreaker requirements and prize position shifting described above.
If you are a potential prize winner, you may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release, provide a valid PayPal account name, and provide any additional information that may be required by Yahoo. You will be required to provide this information within ten days after Yahoo first attempts to contact you. If you fail to comply with this deadline, or if a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or if you fail to provide a valid PayPal account name, Yahoo may disqualify you and select an alternate winner. If Yahoo cannot find an eligible winner for a prize, or if a winner fails to claim a prize, that prize will not be awarded.
Winners will have their prizes deposited in their Yahoo Sports Fantasy Wallet account. Withdrawals from the Yahoo Sports Fantasy Wallet will be deposited directly into the entrant's PayPal account, or such other means as Yahoo determines in its sole discretion. Please review the PayPal User Agreement for more information.
All prizes offered in connection with this Contest cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer and may not be separated. Prizes may not be transferred or assigned except by Sponsor. Only listed prizes will be awarded and no substitutions, equivalents or redemptions will be made. Expenses not specifically stated in these Official Rules, together with the reporting and payment of all applicable taxes, fees, and/or surcharges, if any, arising out of, or resulting from, acceptance or use of a prize, are the sole responsibility of the winner of that prize. A potential winner may be required to provide additional documentation (such as social security number) in order to comply with tax reporting requirements. Failure to provide this documentation in a timely manner to Sponsor will result in disqualification. Each winner may receive an IRS Form 1099 for the value of the prize awarded. Contest Entities expressly disclaim any responsibility or liability for injury or loss to any person or property relating to the delivery and/or subsequent use of the prizes awarded. Contest Entities make no representations or warranties concerning the appearance, safety, or performance of any prize awarded. Any unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations apply. Contest Entities will not replace any lost or stolen prize items.
14. Conduct: By entering this Contest, Contestants agree to be bound by the decisions of the Contest Entities, which are final and binding in all respects. Yahoo reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or any Yahoo website; (b) violating the Official Rules, the Game Instructions, the Additional Terms of Service, or any other guidelines, rules, or instructions associated with the Contest; (c) violating the Yahoo Terms of Service, conditions of use and/or general rules or guidelines of any other Yahoo property or service; or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner (including, without limitation, in violation of the Fair Play and Sportsmanship guidelines in these Official Rules), or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PARTICIPANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO IMMEDIATELY TERMINATE THE USER'S ACCOUNT, IF ANY, AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
15. Fair Play and Sportsmanship: Even though fantasy games are meant to be a competitive experience for all involved, it is important to us that our users not lose sight of the rules of fair play and good sportsmanship.
To this end, each fantasy Team manager agrees that, by joining the game, he/she will abide by the following regulations:
While Yahoo does not remove Teams from Leagues after they have drafted, any failure to follow all of the items listed above might result in the limitation or removal of playing privileges for the offending participant(s). These restrictions might include:
It is the responsibility of Team managers to monitor activity within their League(s). As a manager, if you notice any suspicious or collusive activity in your League(s), please notify us at once so that we can investigate and take the appropriate action—if any is deemed necessary—against the offending Teams and accounts.
If you have a dispute, please first use your League's message board to try resolve it.
Yahoo acts as commissioner in public leagues throughout all Yahoo Fantasy sports games, including all Leagues within the Fantasy Football Pro Leagues. As such, managers can be assured that our Fair Play and Sportsmanship guidelines will be enforced in all public leagues. Please note that a violation of these Official Rules (including, without limitation, these Fair Play & Sportsmanship rules), the Additional Terms of Service, the Yahoo Terms of Service, conditions of use, and/or the general guidelines of any Yahoo property or service may be enforced against all other activities associated with the offending Yahoo ID. In other words, if your Yahoo ID is found to be in violation of the official rules of another Yahoo game or property, that violation is grounds for Yahoo to suspend or terminate your access to all games played under your Yahoo ID – including Fantasy Football Pro Leagues. See Conduct, above.
It is unfortunate for the other managers in a League if a manager abandons his/her Team or otherwise lets his/her account go dormant during the season. Despite this, Yahoo Sports cannot take any action against a dormant team (including, without limitation, reassigning a dormant team to a new Yahoo ID, taking ownership of the dormant team, or managing the dormant team on the manager's behalf) to restore that Team to active status.
16. General Conditions: The Contest is governed by the laws of the United States, without regard to its conflict of laws principles. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations, and is void where prohibited by law. This Contest is offered for entertainment purposes only and may not be used in connection with any form of gambling or wagering. By entering, each participant: (a) releases and holds harmless the Contest Entities, including, without limitation, the respective directors, officers, employees and agents of each, from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to persons, including death, or property damage resulting in whole or in party, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize, participation in this Contest, or while traveling to, preparing for, or participating in any prize-related activity; and (b) grants to Contest Entities the right to use and publish his/her proper name, city/state of residence, score, and Contest ranking, in any and all media now known or hereinafter developed without territorial or time limitations, in connection with the Contest.
17. Limitations of Liability: Contest Entities assume no liability for lost, late, misdirected or garbled entries, or for theft, destruction, or unauthorized access to, entries. Contest Entities assume no responsibility for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users, by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest, or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions or game transactions in connection with the Contest. Contest Entities assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, failures, or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, email, players, or browsers, whether on account of technical problems, traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing, that may occur (including but not limited to any such problems which may result in the inability to access the Contest Site or to process any game transaction(s) in connection with the Contest). Contest Entities assume no responsibility for any injury or damage to participants or to any computer related to or resulting from participating in, or downloading materials in connection with, this Contest. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Contest Entities which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest. In addition, should the real-life season be postponed, shortened, interrupted, modified or canceled for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to award prizes at the time the season is affected, or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest.
18. Disputes/Governing Law: BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE CONTEST, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY THROUGH BINDING ARBITRATION AS SET FORTH BELOW, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY), AND ATTORNEYS' FEES WILL NOT BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE IN ARBITRATION UNLESS THE ARBITRATOR DETERMINES THE CLAIMS ARE FRIVOLOUS ; (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY PARTICIPANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND PARTICIPANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES (OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES), AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (4) PARTICIPANT'S REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY), AND PARTICIPANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO EVERY PARTICIPANT.
BINDING ARBITRATION AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER
PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY – IT MAY SIGNIFICANTLY AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING YOUR RIGHT TO FILE A LAWSUIT IN COURT
Initial Dispute Resolution:
Our Customer Care team is available via the web to address any concerns you may have regarding the Service. Our Customer Care team is able to resolve most concerns quickly to our entrants' satisfaction. The parties shall use their best efforts through this Customer Care process to settle any dispute, claim, question, or disagreement and good faith negotiations, which shall be a condition to either party initiating a lawsuit or arbitration.
If the parties do not reach an agreed upon solution within a period of 30 days from the time informal dispute resolution under the Initial Dispute Resolution provision, then either party may initiate binding arbitration as the sole means to resolve claims, subject to the terms set forth below. Specifically, all claims arising out of or relating to these Fantasy Football Pro Leagues Official Rules (including their formation, performance and breach), the parties' relationship with each other and/or your use of the Service shall be finally settled by binding arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association in accordance with the provisions of its Commercial Arbitration Rules and the supplementary procedures for consumer related disputes of the American Arbitration Association (the "AAA"), excluding any rules or procedures governing or permitting class actions.
The arbitrator, and not any federal, state or local court or agency, shall have exclusive authority to resolve all disputes arising out of or relating to the interpretation, applicability, enforceability or formation of these Fantasy Football Pro Leagues Official Rules, including, but not limited to any claim that all or any part of these Fantasy Football Pro Leagues Official Rules are void or voidable, or whether a claim is subject to arbitration. The arbitrator shall be empowered to grant whatever relief would be available in a court under law or in equity. The arbitrator's award shall be written, and binding on the parties and may be entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction.
The Commercial Arbitration Rules governing the arbitration may be accessed at www.adr.org or by calling the AAA at 1-800-778-7879. To the extent the filing fee for the arbitration exceeds the cost of filing a lawsuit, Yahoo will pay the additional cost. If the arbitrator finds the arbitration to be non-frivolous, Yahoo will pay all of the actual filing and arbitrator fees for the arbitration, provided your claim does not exceed $75,000. The arbitration rules also permit you to recover attorney's fees in certain cases. The parties understand that, absent this mandatory provision, they would have the right to sue in court and have a jury trial. They further understand that, in some instances, the costs of arbitration could exceed the costs of litigation and the right to discovery may be more limited in arbitration than in court.
If you are a resident of the United States, arbitration will take place at any reasonable location within the United States convenient for you.
Class Action Waiver:
The parties further agree that any arbitration shall be conducted in their individual capacities only and not as a class action or other representative action, and the parties expressly waive their right to file a class action or seek relief on a class basis. YOU AND YAHOO AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. If any court or arbitrator determines that the class action waiver set forth in this paragraph is void or unenforceable for any reason or that an arbitration can proceed on a class basis, then the arbitration provision set forth above shall be deemed null and void in its entirety and the parties shall be deemed to have not agreed to arbitrate disputes.
Exception - Litigation of Intellectual Property and Small Claims Court Claims:
Notwithstanding the parties' decision to resolve all disputes through arbitration, either party may bring an action in state or federal court to protect its intellectual property rights ("intellectual property rights" means patents, copyrights, moral rights, trademarks, and trade secrets, but not privacy or publicity rights). Either party may also seek relief in a small claims court for disputes or claims within the scope of that court's jurisdiction.
30-Day Right to Opt Out:
You have the right to opt-out and not be bound by the arbitration and class action waiver provisions set forth above by sending written notice of your decision to opt-out to the following address: Yahoo Sports Fantasy Football Pro Leagues, 30-Day Right to Opt Out, 701 First Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94089. The notice must be sent within 30 days of your first use of the Service otherwise you shall be bound to arbitrate disputes in accordance with the terms of those paragraphs. If you opt-out of these arbitration provisions, Yahoo also will not be bound by them.
Changes to this Section:
Yahoo will provide 60-days' notice of any changes to this section. Changes will become effective on the 60th day, and will apply prospectively only to any claims arising after the 60th day.
For any dispute not subject to arbitration you and Yahoo agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of and venue in the federal and state courts located in Santa Clara County, California. You further agree to accept service of process by mail, and hereby waive any and all jurisdictional and venue defenses otherwise available.
The Yahoo Sports Fantasy Football Pro Leagues Official Rules, the relationship between you and Yahoo, and any issues and questions regarding the rights and obligations of an entrant in connection with Yahoo Sports Fantasy Football Pro Leagues shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, U.S.A., without giving effect to conflict of laws provisions.
20. Winner's List: While potential winners may be posted on the Contest Site at the conclusion of the Contest, all potential winners are still subject to verification and must meet all eligibility requirements before a prize will be awarded. The list of verified prize winners may be obtained after winner confirmation is complete and within 90 days after conclusion of the Contest by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Yahoo Sports Fantasy Football Pro Leagues, Winners List Requests, 701 First Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94089.
21. Official Rules: For a copy of the Official Rules, print these web pages or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Yahoo Sports Fantasy Football Pro Leagues, Official Rules Requests, 701 First Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94089. Requests received after the end of the 2015 Season will not be honored.
22. Intellectual Property: The Contest and all of the related pages, contents and code are copyright ©1994-2015, Yahoo! Inc. and/or the Contest Entities. Copying or unauthorized use of any copyrighted materials, trademarks, or any other intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited. This Contest is not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, the National Football League or any of its member teams.
If you can't find the answer to your question in reviewing the Official Rules for this game, we suggest that you review the Help section for additional information.
The Help section includes answers to a number of general game-play, scoring, and roster questions.