Powered by Automated Insights Mike's Team Beats Tim's Terrific Team, Jumps to League's Pole Position
- Mike's Team
- Tim's Terrific Team
Mike's Team (4-1, 559.82 points) takes ownership of first place in the league after beating Tim's Terrific Team (fifth place, 3-2, 521.76 points) 110.06 - 86.86. They got the second-highest point total in the league this week. While each team met their expectations, Mike's Team scored 7.3% more than a projected 102.60 points to get the win. Tim's Terrific Team suffered a significant drop in scoring from last week's 128.18 - 100.44 win against christian's Team. Adding insult to injury, Tim's Terrific Team had two starters score zero points (Calvin Johnson and Alfred Morris).
Smooth Moves by Mike's Team
- Julius Thomas scored 24.20 points, the highest TE score of the week and the fourth-highest TE score in the league this season.
- Sat Marques Colston, who scored fewer points than any WR in the starting lineup with 1.50.
- Frank Gore scored 14.10 points, which ranked fifth out of all the RBs in the league this week.
- The 16.00 points scored by the Kansas City Chiefs Defense outpaced their 6.69-point scoring projection by 139.1%.
- Even with only 4 of the 9 starters scoring more than their projection, Mike's Team was still able to win.
Toyota Missed Opportunities by Tim's Terrific Team
- David Wilson has scored below his projection in every game this season after scoring 7.60 points against a projected 10.18 this week.
- With 6.00 points against a projected 9.04, Steve Smith did not meet his projection for the third straight game.
- Tim's Terrific Team had 2 of their 9 starters score zero points.
- The RBs on Tim's Terrific Team let them down, getting outgunned by the RBs on Mike's Team 24.80 - 7.60.
- Tim's Terrific Team could have used more points from the TE position, where Mike's Team beat them 24.20 - 9.70.
- If Mike's Team played Tim's Terrific Team every week, they would be 2-3 this season.
- Mike's Team would have beaten seven other teams besides Tim's Terrific Team this week.
- If they played the same schedule as Tim's Terrific Team, Mike's Team would be 3-1.
- If Mike's Team had played every team in the league each week, they would be 33-12.
- Besides Mike's Team, Tim's Terrific Team would have been defeated by three other teams this week.
- Had they played each other last week, Mike's Team would have lost to Tim's Terrific Team 128.18 - 127.68.
- If they played the same schedule as Mike's Team, Tim's Terrific Team would be 3-1.
- Tim's Terrific Team would be 30-15 if they played every team every week.
- In the loss, Justin Tucker had the highest score of any K in the league this season with 18.00 points.
- Mike's Team put up their smallest winning point total of the year.
- Tim's Terrific Team got a combined 10.80 points from their WRs, their lowest combined scoring output from the WR position this season.
- Mike's Team is in first place, the second week that they have sat atop the standings.
- The margin of victory of 23.20 points was the second-highest margin in the league this week.
- Peyton Manning scored 36.76 points, the third-highest QB score in the league this season, but it was not enough to get Tim's Terrific Team the win.
- The win saw Mike's Team top their projected points, giving them a 4-0 record when beating their projection. Tim's Terrific Team also overachieved and falls to 2-1 when doing so.
- Mike's Team had the second-highest score in the league this week with 110.06 points.
- Points by NFL Position
- Top Players by Points
- Game Flow
- Weekly Scoring Comparison
- Mike's Team
- Tim's Terrific Team
Recaps impacted by a stat correction will be updated by Saturday.