Powered by Automated Insights Purple Reign Beats fred's Unreal Team, Adds To Their Pain
- Purple Reign
- fred's Unreal Team
Purple Reign (2-3, 450.30 points) defeated fred's Unreal Team (0-5, 465.08 points) 89.04 - 79.22, led by Philip Rivers with 21.44 points and Hakeem Nicks who had 14.20. Purple Reign was the first to put points on the board and by Sunday was already in front 12.60 - 0. That advantage disappeared by the end of the early Sunday games and they trailed by 24.52. However, Purple Reign came out of the Sunday night game ahead by 0.12.
Smooth Moves by Purple Reign
- Philip Rivers ranked 10th in the league in scoring with 21.44 points.
- Hakeem Nicks ranked eighth in the league in scoring among WRs this week with 14.20 points.
- The 12.60 points scored by C.J. Spiller was the seventh-highest score of any RB in the league this week.
- The 12.00 points scored by Sebastian Janikowski outpaced his 8.12-point scoring projection by 47.8%.
- Purple Reign was still able to pull out a win with only 4 of their 9 starters exceeding their projected points.
Toyota Missed Opportunities by fred's Unreal Team
- Left the Green Bay Packers Defense on the bench, where they scored 9.00 points and surpassed their scoring projection by 114.9%, the highest percentage of any player on the team.
- With 1.50 points, Marques Colston was last on the team in scoring and got only 14.7% of his 10.18 projected points, his lowest percentage of the season.
- The RBs for fred's Unreal Team got outscored 17.30 - 8.60 by the RBs for Purple Reign.
- 5 of the starters on fred's Unreal Team scored less than their projected points.
- Left Doug Martin in the starting lineup and he scored 0 points.
- Purple Reign would be 3-2 if they played fred's Unreal Team every week.
- Purple Reign would have beaten four other teams besides fred's Unreal Team this week.
- Had they played each other last week, Purple Reign would have defeated fred's Unreal Team 102.44 - 93.62.
- If they played the same schedule as fred's Unreal Team, Purple Reign would be 0-4.
- If Purple Reign had played every team in the league each week, they would be 23-22.
- fred's Unreal Team would have lost to four other teams besides Purple Reign this week.
- fred's Unreal Team would be 1-3 if they played the same schedule as Purple Reign.
- If they played every team every week, fred's Unreal Team would be 22-23.
- fred's Unreal Team has underachieved for three straight weeks, having scored 79.22 points against a projected 87.54 this week.
- The RBs on fred's Unreal Team collectively had their worst week of the season with only 8.60 points.
- With the win, Purple Reign snapped their three-game losing streak.
- The margin of victory of 9.82 points was the biggest of the season for Purple Reign.
- fred's Unreal Team had their lowest output of the season with 79.22 points.
- fred's Unreal Team is in last place in the standings, the third week that they have found themselves there this season.
- Purple Reign is now 1-1 when failing to reach their projection and fred's Unreal Team falls to 0-3 when scoring below their projected total.
- DeSean Jackson was on the losing team, but still had the fifth-highest score of any WR in the league this week with 19.20 points.
- Points by NFL Position
- Top Players by Points
- Game Flow
- Weekly Scoring Comparison
- Purple Reign
- fred's Unreal Team
Recaps impacted by a stat correction will be updated by Saturday.