Powered by Automated Insights Garden of Weeden Puts the Kibosh on Matt's Team to Move into Sixth Place
- Garden of Weeden
- Matt's Team
Garden of Weeden beat Matt's Team 103.24 - 95.00 for a second win in as many head-to-head matchups. Marshawn Lynch put up 24.30 points and was the reason for the victory. It was less than his 31.50 points in the last matchup with Matt's Team. Matt's Team doesn't hold up against Garden of Weeden, who has an average margin of victory of 25.13 points when they play. That's definitely wider than their 16.64-point average margin of victory for the season. Garden of Weeden is averaging 109.37 points against Matt's Team and beat them 115.50 - 73.48 in Week 2.
Smooth Moves by Garden of Weeden
- Marshawn Lynch ranked seventh in the league in scoring with 24.30 points against a projected 14.72 and has now overachieved in three straight games.
- Took Eli Manning out of the starting lineup, who scored 14.46 points on the bench, fewer than the starting QB.
- Added Rueben Randle, who beat his scoring projection by a team-leading 74.1%.
- Demaryius Thomas had the seventh-highest score of any WR in the league this week with 12.10 points.
- Eddie Lacy scored 10.80 points, which ranked 10th out of all the RBs in the league this week.
Toyota Missed Opportunities by Matt's Team
- Matt's Team left the 18.50 points scored by Josh Gordon on the bench this week. He beat his projected point total by 106.7%, the eighth-highest percentage in the league.
- C.J. Spiller was last in the matchup in scoring, finishing below his projection for the eighth time this season with 1.60 points against a projected 7.55.
- Hakeem Nicks scored 5.00 points against a projected 7.98 and has now underachieved in five straight games.
- Garden of Weeden saw their RBs beat those on Matt's Team 35.10 - 11.10.
- 5 of the 9 starters scored less than their projected points.
- Garden of Weeden would be 8-3 if they played Matt's Team every week.
- Besides Matt's Team, Garden of Weeden would have defeated six other teams this week.
- If they played the same schedule as Matt's Team, Garden of Weeden would be 3-6.
- If Garden of Weeden had played every team in the league each week, they would be 57-42.
- Besides Garden of Weeden, Matt's Team would have been defeated by three other teams this week.
- Garden of Weeden would have lost to Matt's Team 97.48 - 83.70 had they played each other last week.
- Matt's Team would be 3-6 if they played the same schedule as Garden of Weeden.
- If they played every team every week, Matt's Team would be 31-68.
- Of the losses Matt's Team has had, six were against opponents who topped their season scoring average that week.
- Matt's Team scored 95.00 points and lost. It is their highest losing score of the season.
- Matt's Team bested their projected points again, the fifth time this season they have done so, including a streak of four straight games.
- Garden of Weeden won by 8.24 points, covering the 5.97-point spread.
- Mike Wallace scored 3.90 points against a projected 8.94 in the win, and has now scored below his projection in five straight games.
- Garden of Weeden got 90.6% of their points from players they drafted.
- The Cincinnati Bengals Defense scored 27.00 points, the second-highest DEF score in the league this season, but it was not enough to tip the scales in favor of Matt's Team.
- Garden of Weeden beat their projected points and now have a 3-2 record when beating their projection, while Matt's Team falls to 1-4 when exceeding their expected point total.
- Points by NFL Position
- Top Players by Points
- Game Flow
- Weekly Scoring Comparison
- Garden of Weeden
- Matt's Team
Recaps impacted by a stat correction will be updated by Saturday.