Powered by Automated Insights DEATH SCYTHE Punishes Brandon's Team, Evens Series
- DEATH SCYTHE
- Brandon's Team
DEATH SCYTHE destroyed Brandon's Team 117.76 - 44.84 while also putting up the highest point total in the league this week. The beating was an answer to a 79.40 - 64.32 loss to Brandon's Team in Week 2. Brandon's Team suffered a significant drop in scoring from last week's 72.52 - 72.30 loss against Tom T.'s Team. On top of the loss, Brandon's Team had two starters score zero points (Doug Martin and Jason Witten). Brandon's Team (3-8, 918.78 points) sinks into the cellar while DEATH SCYTHE (6-5, 980.26 points) remains in fourth place.
Smooth Moves by DEATH SCYTHE
- With 26.56 points, Cam Newton ranked fifth in the league in scoring.
- With 25.90 points, Antonio Brown got the sixth-largest point total in the league and beat his projected points by 120.7%, which was the seventh-biggest percentage in the league.
- Ray Rice had the third-highest score among RBs in the league this week with 20.80 points.
- With 17.00 points versus a projected 10.17, the Seattle Seahawks Defense exceeded their scoring projection by 67.2%.
- DEATH SCYTHE won despite having only 4 of their 9 starters exceed their projected points.
Toyota Missed Opportunities by Brandon's Team
- Should have started Rashard Mendenhall, who underachieved, but still had the most points of any RB on the team with 8.70 against a projected 8.97.
- Steve Smith has now failed to reach his projection for four straight games. This week he scored 6.20 points versus a projected 8.69.
- Brandon's Team was faced with 2 starters coming up empty in points.
- It was a bad week at RB for Brandon's Team, who was outscored at the position 29.20 - 5.60 by DEATH SCYTHE.
- Brandon's Team would have welcomed more points at WR, where DEATH SCYTHE topped them 30.70 - 11.10.
- DEATH SCYTHE would be 7-4 if they played Brandon's Team every week.
- DEATH SCYTHE would have beaten every other team in the league this week.
- Had they played each other last week, DEATH SCYTHE would have defeated Brandon's Team 85.56 - 72.30.
- If they played the same schedule as Brandon's Team, DEATH SCYTHE would be 4-5.
- If DEATH SCYTHE had played every team in the league each week, they would be 51-48.
- Brandon's Team would have been beaten by every other team in the league this week.
- Brandon's Team would be 5-4 if they played the same schedule as DEATH SCYTHE.
- Brandon's Team would be 39-60 if they played every team every week.
- Luck has not been with Brandon's Team, as four of their eight losses have come when their opponent scores higher than their season average.
- The matchup had both the highest-scoring and lowest-scoring teams in the league this week.
- The top players for DEATH SCYTHE were elite in the matchup, as four of their starters outperformed the leading scorer for Brandon's Team.
- The margin of victory of 72.92 points was the largest in the league this week and fourth-biggest in the league this season.
- Brandon's Team was last in the league in scoring and had their lowest score of the season with 44.84 points.
- With the loss, Brandon's Team has the longest losing streak in the league, stretching back five straight games.
- The WRs on Brandon's Team collectively had their worst week of the season with only 11.10 points.
- Jacoby Jones scored 2.20 points against a projected 5.12 in the win, and has now scored below his projection in three straight games.
- Points by NFL Position
- Top Players by Points
- Game Flow
- Weekly Scoring Comparison
- DEATH SCYTHE
- Brandon's Team
Recaps impacted by a stat correction will be updated by Saturday.