Powered by Automated Insights newtnewt Wins Against Baka69ers, Knocks Them Back into Eighth Place
newtnewt benefited from 22.00 points from the San Francisco 49ers Defense and 21.44 from Philip Rivers to get the win over Baka69ers 106.44 - 78.16. newtnewt hit their projections and scored 5.6% more than their projected 100.77 points, while Baka69ers performed poorly and got just 76.1% of a projected 102.67. Baka69ers, coming off a 127.40 - 119.92 win against Roid Ragers, saw their scoring drop off this week. Baka69ers (2-3, 472.04 points) drops to eighth place and newtnewt (4-1, 526.36 points) remains in fourth place.
Smooth Moves by newtnewt
- With 22.00 points, the San Francisco 49ers Defense got the 10th-largest point total in the league and beat their projected points by 175.7%, which was the 10th-biggest percentage in the league.
- Sat Brian Hartline, who scored fewer points than any WR in the starting lineup with 6.00.
- Philip Rivers scored 21.44 points, the fifth-highest QB score in the league this week.
- Jamaal Charles scored 18.50 points, which ranked fifth out of all the RBs in the league this week.
- Charles Clay scored 11.20 points to rank fifth among TEs in the league this week.
Toyota Missed Opportunities by Baka69ers
- Did not start James Jones, who led the team in scoring with 18.70 points and beat his projected point total by 128.6%, the highest percentage on the team.
- Picked up Nate Washington, who was last on the team in scoring with 3.00 points.
- Baka69ers had 8 of their 9 starters score less than their projected points.
- At the DEF position, Baka69ers got outscored by newtnewt 22.00 - 7.00.
- The 11.50 points scored by Matt Forte was a season-low for both scoring and for his performance against projections. He reached only 79.9% of his 14.39 projected points this week.
- newtnewt would be 3-2 if they played Baka69ers every week.
- newtnewt would have beaten eight other teams besides Baka69ers this week.
- If they played the same schedule as Baka69ers, newtnewt would be 1-3.
- If newtnewt had played every team in the league each week, they would be 37-18.
- Baka69ers would have lost to eight other teams besides newtnewt this week.
- Had they played each other last week, newtnewt would have lost to Baka69ers 127.40 - 102.04.
- If they played the same schedule as newtnewt, Baka69ers would be 1-3.
- Baka69ers would be 27-28 if they played every team every week.
- The top players for newtnewt were elite in the matchup, as three of their starters outperformed the leading scorer for Baka69ers.
- newtnewt got their lowest combined scoring output from the RB position this season with only 19.30 points this week.
- newtnewt had their largest margin of victory so far this year at 28.28 points.
- It was a season-low point total for Baka69ers.
- A.J. Green did little to help newtnewt, underperforming versus projections for the fourth straight game with 6.10 points against a projected 12.16.
- newtnewt had the third-highest point total in the league this week.
- newtnewt overachieved in the win, improving to 4-0 when beating their projected points this season, while Baka69ers falls to 1-3 when scoring below their projected points.
- Frank Gore was a bright spot for Baka69ers in the loss with 14.10 points, the eighth-highest RB score in the league this week.
- Points by NFL Position
- Top Players by Points
- Game Flow
- Weekly Scoring Comparison
Recaps impacted by a stat correction will be updated by Saturday.