Powered by Automated Insights The Captain Comes Back to Nip Team Yaki, Claims Sixth Place
- The Captain
- Team Yaki
The Captain (6-5, 1,132.44 points) edged Team Yaki (3-8, 1,007.64 points) 82.22 - 78.32, led by Matt Forte with 18.50 points and Ryan Tannehill who had 15.82. The Captain was the first to put points on the board and by Sunday was already in front 5.30 - 0. They lost the handle after the early Sunday games and trailed 39.50 - 36.60. However, with the help of 10.30 points from Julius Thomas, The Captain ended Sunday night ahead.
Smooth Moves by The Captain
- Matt Forte had 18.50 points, the eighth-highest score among RBs in the league this week.
- The 13.00 points by Steven Hauschka topped a projected 7.27, extending his overachievement streak to three weeks.
- The Captain won even with the Tennessee Titans Defense in the starting lineup, which didn't score any points.
- The 10.30 points scored by Julius Thomas outpaced his 8.16-point scoring projection by 26.2%.
- The Captain won despite having only 5 of their 10 starters exceed their scoring projection.
Toyota Missed Opportunities by Team Yaki
- With 3.70 points against a projected 10.42, Danny Woodhead did not meet his projection for the third straight game.
- The Captain saw their RBs beat those on Team Yaki 22.40 - 9.90.
- It was not a good week for Team Yaki at TE, where they were beaten 10.30 - 4.10.
- 5 of the starters on Team Yaki scored less than their projected points.
- Left Greg Jennings in the starting lineup and he scored 0 points.
- If The Captain played Team Yaki every week, they would be 8-3 this season.
- The Captain would have beaten only two other teams besides Team Yaki this week.
- The Captain would have defeated Team Yaki 125.36 - 55.02 had they played each other last week.
- The Captain would be 6-4 if they played the same schedule as Team Yaki.
- If The Captain had played every team in the league each week, they would be 63-58.
- Besides The Captain, Team Yaki would have been defeated by nine other teams this week.
- Team Yaki would be 4-6 if they played the same schedule as The Captain.
- If they played every team every week, Team Yaki would be 36-85.
- The Captain put up their smallest winning point total of the year.
- With the loss, Team Yaki has the longest losing streak in the league, stretching back three straight games.
- The Captain won even though Team Yaki performed better against their scoring projection. Team Yaki scored 97.1% of their 80.70 projected points, while The Captain recorded 85.8% of their 95.81-point projection.
- The Captain improves to 1-1 in close games this season.
- With the loss, Team Yaki falls to 1-1 in close games this season.
- The margin of victory of 3.90 points was the third-highest margin in the league this week.
- Team Yaki scored 78.32 points, ranking them 11th in the league in scoring.
- Michael Floyd played well in the loss, ranking eighth in the league in scoring and beating his scoring projection by 187.8%, the seventh-highest percentage in the league.
- Points by NFL Position
- Top Players by Points
- Game Flow
- Weekly Scoring Comparison
- The Captain
- Team Yaki
Recaps impacted by a stat correction will be updated by Saturday.