Powered by Automated Insights Steves Broncos Pulls Off Upset Against The Terrible Towels, Moves Up to Fourth Place
- Steves Broncos
- The Terrible Towels
Steves Broncos recorded the highest point total in the league this week and upset The Terrible Towels 113.02 - 89.18, overcoming a 14.46-point spread. These two teams are tied for fourth place with 2-3 records, but Steves Broncos has a clear lead in points, 536.92 - 453.48. The Terrible Towels has failed to meet expectations for four consecutive weeks, managing only 85.1% of their projected points in this matchup. Steves Broncos started one player with zero points while The Terrible Towels also served up one goose egg, meaning each team left something on the table.
Smooth Moves by Steves Broncos
- Justin Tucker had the highest score of any K in the league this season with 18.00 points.
- Julius Thomas scored 24.20 points, the highest TE score of the week and the third-highest TE score in the league this season.
- DeSean Jackson had the second-highest score of any WR in the league this week with 19.20 points.
- Frank Gore had 14.10 points, the fifth-highest score among RBs in the league this week.
- Eric Decker ranked third in the league in scoring among WRs this week with 12.70 points.
Toyota Missed Opportunities by The Terrible Towels
- Did not start the Arizona Cardinals Defense, which ranked fifth in the league in scoring and beat their scoring projection by 221.5%, the second-highest percentage in the league.
- The Terrible Towels would have welcomed more points at WR, where Steves Broncos topped them 42.80 - 19.00.
- Matthew Stafford had two season-lows this week. He scored a season-low 14.38 points and recorded only 73.5% of his 19.56-point projection.
- 6 of the starters on The Terrible Towels scored less than their projected points.
- The Terrible Towels got a zero from the Houston Texans Defense after expecting a projected 12.44-point total.
- Steves Broncos would be 4-1 if they played The Terrible Towels every week.
- Steves Broncos would have beaten every other team in the league this week.
- Had they played each other last week, Steves Broncos would have defeated The Terrible Towels 121.18 - 94.48.
- Steves Broncos would be 2-2 if they played the same schedule as The Terrible Towels.
- If Steves Broncos had played every team in the league each week, they would be 15-10.
- Besides Steves Broncos, The Terrible Towels would have been defeated by two other teams this week.
- The Terrible Towels would be 1-3 if they played the same schedule as Steves Broncos.
- If they played every team every week, The Terrible Towels would be 9-16.
- All three of the losses for The Terrible Towels this season have come when their opponent scores higher than their season average.
- The Terrible Towels scored 89.18 points against a projected 104.78 and has underachieved for four straight weeks.
- The 113.02 points by Steves Broncos led the league. It is the first time they have led the league in scoring this season.
- The Terrible Towels scored 89.18 points and lost. It is the ninth-highest losing score in the league this season.
- This was the third time this season that The Terrible Towels lost by the biggest margin of the week.
- The margin of victory was the fifth-largest in the league this season.
- The Terrible Towels got a combined 31.00 points from their RBs, their highest combined scoring output from the RB position this season.
- Colin Kaepernick did little to help Steves Broncos, underperforming versus projections for the fourth straight game with 9.92 points against a projected 17.62.
- Points by NFL Position
- Top Players by Points
- Game Flow
- Weekly Scoring Comparison
- Steves Broncos
- The Terrible Towels
Recaps impacted by a stat correction will be updated by Saturday.