Powered by Automated Insights Gordon's Gas Bags Gets Victory Against Fighting Malteses to Grab Sixth Place
- Gordon's Gas Bags
- Fighting Malteses
Gordon's Gas Bags put up the highest point total in the league this week, taking down Fighting Malteses 109.92 - 93.16. Each team met their expectations but Gordon's Gas Bags scored 31.5% more than a projected 83.56 points to get the win. Fighting Malteses put in a solid effort with a huge improvement in scoring compared to last week's 68.18 - 52.02 loss against old guy. Adding insult to injury, Fighting Malteses had a starter score zero points (DeMarco Murray). Gordon's Gas Bags (3-4, 564.82 points) climbs into sixth place while Fighting Malteses (3-4, 567.98 points) steps into fifth place.
Smooth Moves by Gordon's Gas Bags
- Matt Forte scored the most points of any player on Gordon's Gas Bags this season with 28.90.
- Eric Decker had the fourth-highest score of any WR in the league this week with 21.00 points.
- Steve Smith scored 12.90 points, the sixth-highest WR score in the league this week.
- Stevan Ridley had 11.30 points, the 10th-highest score among RBs in the league this week.
- The Green Bay Packers Defense scored 9.00 points against a projected 6.93 and has now overachieved in four straight games.
Toyota Missed Opportunities by Fighting Malteses
- Missed out on an opportunity by leaving the 14.00 points scored by Graham Gano on the bench this week. He outperformed his projected point total by 104.4%, the sixth-highest percentage in the league.
- Left the New York Jets Defense on the bench, where they scored 12.00 points to beat their scoring projection by 109.1%, the fourth-highest percentage in the league.
- Should have started Carson Palmer, who underachieved, but still had more points than the starting QB with 13.82 against a projected 14.31.
- It was a bad week at RB for Fighting Malteses, who was outscored at the position 40.20 - 16.80 by Gordon's Gas Bags.
- Only 3 of the 8 starters on Fighting Malteses underachieved this week, but they still lost.
- If Gordon's Gas Bags played Fighting Malteses every week, they would be 2-5 this season.
- Gordon's Gas Bags would have been undefeated if they played every team in the league this week.
- Gordon's Gas Bags would have defeated Fighting Malteses 88.36 - 52.02 had they played each other last week.
- If they played the same schedule as Fighting Malteses, Gordon's Gas Bags would be 3-3.
- Gordon's Gas Bags would be 26-37 if they played every team every week.
- Fighting Malteses would have lost to just two other teams besides Gordon's Gas Bags this week.
- If they played the same schedule as Gordon's Gas Bags, Fighting Malteses would be 2-4.
- If they played every team every week, Fighting Malteses would be 27-36.
- Gordon's Gas Bags scored 109.92 points, the highest in the league this week and ninth-highest in the league this season.
- It was a tough loss for Fighting Malteses, which put up the sixth-biggest score for a losing team in the league this season.
- Gordon's Gas Bags got a combined 40.20 points from their RBs, their highest combined scoring output from the RB position this season.
- The margin of victory of 16.76 points was the biggest of the season for Gordon's Gas Bags.
- Tom Brady scored 9.12 points against a projected 16.85 in the win, and has now scored below his projection in three straight games.
- Although Gordon's Gas Bags won, it was no thanks to Martellus Bennett, who scored 6.70 points and has now scored below his projection in three straight weeks.
- With 38.50 points, Fighting Malteses got the highest combined scoring output from the WR position for any team this week.
- The draft continues to pay off for Gordon's Gas Bags, which got 100.0% of their points from players they drafted.
- Points by NFL Position
- Top Players by Points
- Game Flow
- Weekly Scoring Comparison
- Gordon's Gas Bags
- Fighting Malteses
Recaps impacted by a stat correction will be updated by Saturday.