Powered by Automated Insights Raptors Beats Beginner's Luck to Move into Third Place
- Beginner's Luck
Raptors beat Beginner's Luck 101.50 - 85.10 to remain undefeated against them in two matchups. They also earned a playoff berth in the process. Marshawn Lynch got 24.30 points and was the deciding factor. It was a drop-off from his 31.50 points in the last matchup with Beginner's Luck. Raptors usually plays to a higher level against Beginner's Luck, and their average score in the series is 112.00 points, 125.3% of their total season average. This is the tightest win for Raptors in two head-to-head matchups. They defeated Beginner's Luck 122.50 - 96.48 in Week 2.
Smooth Moves by Raptors
- With 24.30 points against a projected 15.03, Marshawn Lynch ranked sixth in the league in scoring and has now overachieved in three straight games.
- Took Philip Rivers out of the starting lineup, who scored 15.52 points on the bench, fewer than the starting QB.
- With 6.90 points, John Carlson, who Raptors picked up this week, beat his 5.41-point projection by 27.5%.
- The 20.40 points scored by Alex Smith was the fifth-highest score of any QB in the league this week.
- With 12.10 points, Larry Fitzgerald ranked fifth in the league in scoring among WRs this week.
Toyota Missed Opportunities by Beginner's Luck
- Left Charles Clay on the bench, where he scored 15.00 points and beat his projected point total by 131.8%, the seventh-highest percentage in the league this week.
- Keenan Allen, who Beginner's Luck picked up this week, scored below his 9.34-point projection with 4.50 points.
- Danny Woodhead has now failed to reach his projection for three straight games. This week he scored 3.70 points versus a projected 10.68.
- It was a bad week at RB for Beginner's Luck, who was outscored at the position 29.90 - 9.10 by Raptors.
- Beginner's Luck would have welcomed more points at WR, where Raptors topped them 19.30 - 8.70.
- Raptors would be 6-5 if they played Beginner's Luck every week.
- Raptors would have beaten seven other teams besides Beginner's Luck this week.
- Raptors would be 4-5 if they played the same schedule as Beginner's Luck.
- If Raptors had played every team in the league each week, they would be 59-40.
- Besides Raptors, Beginner's Luck would have been defeated by three other teams this week.
- Had they played each other last week, Raptors would have lost to Beginner's Luck 94.38 - 67.22.
- Beginner's Luck would be 6-3 if they played the same schedule as Raptors.
- Beginner's Luck would be 60-39 if they played every team every week.
- Luck has not been with Beginner's Luck, as four of their five losses have come when their opponent scores higher than their season average.
- In the loss, the Cincinnati Bengals Defense had the highest score of any DEF in the league this season with 27.00 points.
- Beginner's Luck could not extend their three-game win streak.
- The 8.70 total points by the WRs on Beginner's Luck was their lowest WR output this season.
- Raptors got 73.1% of their points from players they drafted.
- The 16.40-point margin of victory by Raptors was the second-biggest win in the league this week.
- Raptors outdid their projection in the win, while Beginner's Luck came in under their point expectation. Raptors is now 4-0 when overachieving, while Beginner's Luck falls to 3-3 when failing to reach their projection.
- In the loss, Adam Vinatieri had the highest K score in the league this week with 14.00 points.
- Points by NFL Position
- Top Players by Points
- Game Flow
- Weekly Scoring Comparison
- Beginner's Luck
Recaps impacted by a stat correction will be updated by Saturday.