Powered by Automated Insights My Vick in a Box Pulls Out Paper-Thin Win Against Roger's A-Team for Fourth in a Row
- My Vick in a Box
- Roger's A-Team
My Vick in a Box (5-3, 585.18 points) slipped by Roger's A-Team (3-5, 618.71 points) 79.68 - 75.95, led by Calvin Johnson with 27.45 points and Colin Kaepernick who scored 24.98. My Vick in a Box scored first and went into Sunday in front 5.20 - 0. They gave up that lead after the late Sunday games and were behind 73.95 - 66.73. My Vick in a Box closed it out with a comeback on Monday night, thanks to 6.00 points from Greg Zuerlein.
Smooth Moves by My Vick in a Box
- With 24.98 points against a projected 18.21, Colin Kaepernick ranked sixth in the league in scoring and has now overachieved in three straight games.
- Calvin Johnson brought in 27.45 points, which was good enough to rank fourth in the league in scoring this week and second-best of any player on My Vick in a Box this season.
- Took Tony Gonzalez out of the starting lineup, who scored 2.80 points on the bench, fewer than the starting TE.
- My Vick in a Box was still able to pull out a win with only 2 of their 8 starters exceeding their projected points.
- My Vick in a Box got the win, overcoming both of their RBs underperforming versus their projections.
Toyota Missed Opportunities by Roger's A-Team
- Did not start Daniel Thomas, who scored 9.10 points, surpassing his projected points by 138.8%, the fourth-highest percentage in the league.
- LeSean McCoy has scored below his projection in three straight games after scoring 5.25 points against a projected 10.17 this week.
- Jacquizz Rodgers was last in the matchup in scoring with 1.95 points against a projected 5.33 and underachieved for the first time this season.
- The WR corps couldn't keep pace with their counterparts from My Vick in a Box and were outscored 34.40 - 15.85.
- 5 of the 8 starters scored less than their projected points.
- If My Vick in a Box played Roger's A-Team every week, they would be 4-4 this season.
- Besides Roger's A-Team, My Vick in a Box would have defeated three other teams this week.
- My Vick in a Box would be 3-4 if they played the same schedule as Roger's A-Team.
- My Vick in a Box would be 26-46 if they played every team every week.
- Roger's A-Team would have lost to six other teams besides My Vick in a Box this week.
- Had they played each other last week, My Vick in a Box would have lost to Roger's A-Team 83.09 - 76.35.
- Roger's A-Team would be 5-2 if they played the same schedule as My Vick in a Box.
- Roger's A-Team would be 31-41 if they played every team every week.
- With the win, My Vick in a Box has a four-game win streak, currently the longest in the league.
- The margin of victory of 3.73 points was the smallest in the league this week.
- The 34.40 points by the WRs on My Vick in a Box was the season-high for combined points from the position.
- With 7.20 points, Roger's A-Team got the lowest combined scoring output from the RB position for any team this week.
- My Vick in a Box underachieved in the win, recording 94.2% of their projected 84.55, while Roger's A-Team performed better than expected, beating their 65.36-point projection by 16.2%.
- The drafted players on My Vick in a Box put up 76.0% of the team's points this week.
- My Vick in a Box underachieved in the win, improving to 1-3 when failing to reach their projected points this season, while Roger's A-Team falls to 3-1 when beating their scoring projection.
- Andy Dalton scored 36.50 points, the seventh-highest QB score in the league this season, but it was not enough to get Roger's A-Team the win.
- Points by NFL Position
- Top Players by Points
- Game Flow
- Weekly Scoring Comparison
- My Vick in a Box
- Roger's A-Team
Recaps impacted by a stat correction will be updated by Saturday.