Powered by Automated Insights Water Dogs Rallies and Blasts Monster Fox, Grabs Third Place
- Water Dogs
- Monster Fox
Water Dogs (5-3, 603.56 points) dismantled Monster Fox (1-7, 544.66 points) 81.60 - 55.32, led by Aaron Rodgers with 24.00 points. Water Dogs scored first and went into Sunday in front 9.00 - 0. That lead faded away by the end of the early Sunday games and they trailed 41.52 - 39.80. However, by the end of Sunday night Water Dogs took the lead for good.
Smooth Moves by Water Dogs
- Picked up Mason Crosby, who beat his scoring projection by 90.5%, which was the highest percentage among the two teams.
- The 24.00 points scored by Aaron Rodgers ranked seventh in the league this week.
- With 10.10 points, Vernon Davis had the second-highest score of any TE in the league this week.
- Water Dogs was still able to pull out a win with only 3 of their 8 starters exceeding their projected points.
- The 9.20 points scored by Joique Bell outpaced his 5.23-point scoring projection by 75.9%.
Toyota Missed Opportunities by Monster Fox
- Picked up Chris Ivory, who was last in the matchup in scoring with 0.55 points, just 12.7% of his scoring projection, which was the lowest percentage in the league.
- The 7.57 points scored by Tom Brady fell short of his 13.31-point projection, the fourth straight game where that has happened.
- With 2.25 points against a projected 7.01, Danny Amendola did not meet his projection for the third straight game.
- Monster Fox needed more points from the QB position, where Water Dogs beat them 24.00 - 7.57.
- Monster Fox was dominated at the TE position, scoring 2.35 points versus the 10.10 for Water Dogs.
- Water Dogs would be 5-3 if they played Monster Fox every week.
- Water Dogs would have beaten four other teams besides Monster Fox this week.
- Had they played each other last week, Water Dogs would have defeated Monster Fox 98.75 - 76.95.
- If they played the same schedule as Monster Fox, Water Dogs would be 2-5.
- Water Dogs would be 32-40 if they played every team every week.
- Monster Fox would have lost to every other team in the league this week.
- Monster Fox would be 2-5 if they played the same schedule as Water Dogs.
- If they played every team every week, Monster Fox would be 20-52.
- Monster Fox has lost seven times and three of them have come to teams who beat their scoring average in that matchup.
- Monster Fox has underachieved every week this season, scoring 55.32 points against a projected 72.76 this week.
- Water Dogs had the week's largest margin of victory (26.28 points) for the first time this season.
- Monster Fox has the longest current losing streak in the league, having lost five straight games.
- This was the second time this season that Monster Fox lost by the biggest margin of the week.
- Monster Fox was last in the league in scoring for the second time this season.
- The WRs on Monster Fox collectively had their worst week of the season with only 9.50 points.
- Although Water Dogs won, it was no thanks to Marques Colston, who scored 2.40 points and has now scored below his projection in three straight weeks.
- Points by NFL Position
- Top Players by Points
- Game Flow
- Weekly Scoring Comparison
- Water Dogs
- Monster Fox
Recaps impacted by a stat correction will be updated by Saturday.