Powered by Automated Insights Beginners Luck Ekes Out Win Against Eagle Eye to Grab Seventh Place
- Beginners Luck
- Eagle Eye
Beginners Luck got 22.40 points from Colin Kaepernick, stealing one from Eagle Eye 108.95 - 104.45. It was a matchup that could have gone either way, and the 4.50-point margin of victory was the sixth-smallest recorded in the league this season. Eagle Eye was led by Knowshon Moreno with 28.40 points and Arian Foster who scored 19.80. Eagle Eye got zero points from the Houston Texans Defense, which might have made the difference in the outcome. Beginners Luck (3-3, 669.85 points) climbs into seventh place while Eagle Eye (2-4, 685.50 points) sinks into eighth place.
Smooth Moves by Beginners Luck
- Put WR Golden Tate on the bench, where he scored 3.30 points, fewer than any WR in the starting lineup.
- With 16.10 points, Larry Fitzgerald ranked eighth in the league in scoring among WRs this week.
- With 13.40 points, Maurice Jones-Drew ranked 10th in scoring among all RBs in the league this week.
- In scoring 10.40 points, Michael Floyd put up his largest point total of the year.
- Beginners Luck saw the majority of their starters (6 of 10) beat their projected point total.
Toyota Missed Opportunities by Eagle Eye
- Chris Givens has scored below his projection in four straight games after scoring 2.00 points against a projected 5.73 this week.
- Antonio Gates scored a season-low 2.80 points, 30.1% of his projected 9.30, which is his lowest percentage of the year.
- Eagle Eye had 6 of their 10 starters score less than their projected points.
- The Houston Texans Defense did not score, with 0 points against a projected 5.88.
- With 3.60 points versus a projected 12.59, Dez Bryant scored only 28.6% of his projected point total.
- Beginners Luck would be 4-2 if they played Eagle Eye every week.
- Besides Eagle Eye, Beginners Luck would have defeated six other teams this week.
- Had they played each other last week, Beginners Luck would have defeated Eagle Eye 117.80 - 114.35.
- Beginners Luck would be 1-4 if they played the same schedule as Eagle Eye.
- If Beginners Luck had played every team in the league each week, they would be 26-28.
- In addition to Beginners Luck, Eagle Eye would have lost to just two other teams this week.
- If they played the same schedule as Beginners Luck, Eagle Eye would be 3-2.
- If they played every team every week, Eagle Eye would be 31-23.
- Beginners Luck won by scoring 108.95 points, their lowest winning score of the season.
- Beginners Luck bested their projected points again, the fifth time this season they have done so, including a streak of four straight games.
- Eagle Eye got a combined 49.10 points from their RBs, their highest combined scoring output from the RB position this season.
- At 4.50 points, the margin of victory was the tightest of the week.
- Beginners Luck got a combined 48.15 points from their WRs, the highest combined scoring output from the WR position for any team this week.
- Eagle Eye remains winless in close games this season, falling to 0-2.
- With the win, Beginners Luck improves to 1-1 in close games this season.
- Knowshon Moreno scored 28.40 points, the third-highest RB score in the league this season, but it was not enough to get a win for Eagle Eye.
- Points by NFL Position
- Top Players by Points
- Game Flow
- Weekly Scoring Comparison
- Beginners Luck
- Eagle Eye
Recaps impacted by a stat correction will be updated by Saturday.