Powered by Automated Insights McCoy Story Topples Favored Eagle Eye, Makes It Five in a Row
- McCoy Story
- Eagle Eye
McCoy Story registered the second-highest score of the week to beat Eagle Eye 120.75 - 114.35. McCoy Story came into the matchup as the underdog, with a projected spread of 17.30. McCoy Story has proven they are for real and remains undefeated. Eagle Eye had two players rank highly this week. Matt Ryan scored 25.95 points while Dez Bryant put up 24.10. Eagle Eye got zero points from the Houston Texans Defense, which might have made the difference in the outcome. Eagle Eye (2-3, 581.05 points) steps into sixth place while McCoy Story (5-0, 616.70 points) remains in first place.
Smooth Moves by McCoy Story
- The San Francisco 49ers Defense had 22.00 points, the second-highest DEF score of the week and the fourth-highest score among DEF in the league this season.
- The 18.70 points scored by James Jones was the sixth-highest score by a WR in the league this week.
- LeSean McCoy had 15.20 points, the seventh-highest score among RBs in the league this week.
- With 14.60 points, Josh Gordon ranked seventh in the league in scoring among WRs this week.
- With 13.50 points, Jimmy Graham had the fourth-highest score of any TE in the league this week.
Toyota Missed Opportunities by Eagle Eye
- Left Philip Rivers on the bench, where he ranked sixth in the league in scoring with 26.55 points.
- Picked up and started LeGarrette Blount, who then scored below his 10.52-point projection with 3.10 points.
- McCoy Story won the K position battle, beating Eagle Eye 12.00 - 5.00.
- It was a season-low scoring total for Chris Givens, who had 1.60 points. He had a projected total of 6.74 points and this week was the third straight game of underperformance versus his projection.
- Of the 10 starters on Eagle Eye, 6 underperformed versus their projections.
- If McCoy Story played Eagle Eye every week, they would be 3-2 this season.
- Besides Eagle Eye, McCoy Story would have defeated seven other teams this week.
- McCoy Story would be 2-2 if they played the same schedule as Eagle Eye.
- If McCoy Story had played every team in the league each week, they would be 31-14.
- In addition to McCoy Story, Eagle Eye would have lost to just two other teams this week.
- McCoy Story would have lost to Eagle Eye 150.35 - 127.25 had they played each other last week.
- If they played the same schedule as McCoy Story, Eagle Eye would be 2-2.
- Eagle Eye would be 25-20 if they played every team every week.
- Even though Eagle Eye lost, they had two players score higher than the leading scorer for McCoy Story.
- In the loss, Eagle Eye had the 10th-highest losing score in the league this season with 114.35 points.
- With a combined 39.30 points from their WRs, McCoy Story got their highest combined scoring output from the WR position this season.
- Although McCoy Story won, it was no thanks to Steve Smith, who scored 6.00 points and has now scored below his projection in three straight weeks.
- Eagle Eye falls to 1-1 in upset games this season.
- In the loss, Dez Bryant scored 24.10 points, the eighth-highest WR score in the league this season.
- The 120.75 points scored by McCoy Story ranked second in the league this week.
- This is the third week this season that McCoy Story has been in first place.
- Points by NFL Position
- Top Players by Points
- Game Flow
- Weekly Scoring Comparison
- McCoy Story
- Eagle Eye
Recaps impacted by a stat correction will be updated by Saturday.