Powered by Automated Insights McCoy Story Pulverizes Beginners Luck, Undefeated in the Series
- McCoy Story
- Beginners Luck
McCoy Story clobbered Beginners Luck 159.50 - 108.25, making it two wins in as many head-to-head matchups. McCoy Story plays their best against Beginners Luck, against whom they have a 39.12-point average margin of victory. In fact, this particular blowout ranks sixth overall in the league this season. This week, Josh Gordon did the most damage, grabbing 38.10 points. It was even more than the 25.45 points Andrew Luck got the last time these teams played. McCoy Story is averaging 143.38 points against Beginners Luck and beat them 127.25 - 100.25 in Week 4.
Smooth Moves by McCoy Story
- Josh Gordon had 38.10 points, the second-highest WR score of the week and the third-highest WR score in the league this season.
- The 36.90 points scored by Alshon Jeffery was the third-highest WR score in the league this week and the fourth-best point total by a WR in the league this season.
- With 12.00 points scored versus a projected 7.91, Caleb Sturgis has scored more points than projected for five straight games.
- The 10.20 points scored by Jimmy Graham was the fourth-highest point total among TEs in the league this week.
- With only 4 of their 10 starters beating their projected points, McCoy Story was still able to win.
Toyota Missed Opportunities by Beginners Luck
- Did not start Brandon Myers, who scored 12.10 points, surpassing his projected points by 188.1%, the fourth-highest percentage in the league.
- Garrett Hartley was last in the matchup in scoring, finishing below his projection for the fourth time this season with 1.00 point against a projected 9.33.
- Wes Welker scored 3.80 points against a projected 10.82 and has now underachieved in four straight games.
- Jordan Cameron has scored below his projection in four straight games after scoring 4.30 points against a projected 7.83 this week.
- Beginners Luck got outscored 12.00 - 1.00 by McCoy Story at the K position.
- If McCoy Story played Beginners Luck every week, they would be 9-4 this season.
- McCoy Story would have beaten every other team in the league this week.
- If they played the same schedule as Beginners Luck, McCoy Story would be 9-2.
- If McCoy Story had played every team in the league each week, they would be 77-40.
- Besides McCoy Story, Beginners Luck would have been defeated by three other teams this week.
- Had they played each other last week, McCoy Story would have lost to Beginners Luck 114.35 - 113.95.
- If they played the same schedule as McCoy Story, Beginners Luck would be 6-5.
- Beginners Luck would be 55-62 if they played every team every week.
- Luck has not been with Beginners Luck, as four of their eight losses have come when their opponent scores higher than their season average.
- McCoy Story had a league-high for the week with 159.50 points, which is the second-highest score in the league this season.
- The margin of victory of 51.25 points was the largest in the league this week and sixth-biggest in the league this season.
- McCoy Story got a combined 82.90 points from their WRs, the highest combined scoring output from the WR position for any team this season.
- McCoy Story bested their projected points again, the ninth time this season they have done so, including a streak of three straight games.
- With a combined 36.20 points from their RBs, Beginners Luck got their highest combined scoring output from the RB position this season.
- In the loss, Larry Fitzgerald scored 13.20 points against a projected 9.33 and has now overachieved in three straight games.
- Two of the starters for McCoy Story scored higher than the leading scorer for Beginners Luck.
- Points by NFL Position
- Top Players by Points
- Game Flow
- Weekly Scoring Comparison
- McCoy Story
- Beginners Luck
Recaps impacted by a stat correction will be updated by Saturday.