Powered by Automated Insights Beginners Luck Shocks and Destroys TightEND, Rises to Seventh Place
- Beginners Luck
Beginners Luck pulled off a 120.35 - 70.70 upset over TightEND behind Ben Roethlisberger, whose 43.55 points were the highest point total of the week. The projected spread for the matchup had been 14.41 points. The beatdown was an answer to a 111.85 - 72.85 waxing by TightEND in Week 2. TightEND, coming off a 122.95 - 118.75 win against RG3PenisWine, saw their scoring shrink this week. Beginners Luck (4-7, 1,188.35 points) climbs into seventh place and TightEND (3-8, 1,181.10 points) sinks into eighth place.
Smooth Moves by Beginners Luck
- Ben Roethlisberger scored 43.55 points, the highest of any player on Beginners Luck this season.
- With 25.90 points, Antonio Brown got the 10th-largest point total in the league and beat his projected points by 120.8%, which was the ninth-biggest percentage in the league.
- The 12.10 points scored by Larry Fitzgerald was the eighth-highest score by a WR in the league this week.
- The 12.00 points scored by Garrett Hartley outpaced his 8.09-point scoring projection by 48.3%.
- Beginners Luck won despite having only 5 of their 10 starters exceed their scoring projection.
Toyota Missed Opportunities by TightEND
- Did not start Coby Fleener, who scored 10.70 points and beat his projected point total by a team-leading 87.7%.
- Did not start Tom Brady, who led the team in scoring with 19.10 points.
- Picked up DeAndre Hopkins, who was last in the matchup in scoring with 0.70 points, just 7.8% of his scoring projection, which was the lowest percentage in the league.
- TightEND had 8 starters fail to reach their projections.
- The 3.90 points scored by Mike Wallace fell short of his 8.96-point projection, the fifth straight game where that has happened.
- Beginners Luck would be 5-6 if they played TightEND every week.
- Besides TightEND, Beginners Luck would have defeated five other teams this week.
- If they played the same schedule as TightEND, Beginners Luck would be 2-7.
- Beginners Luck would be 42-57 if they played every team every week.
- TightEND would have been beaten by every other team in the league this week.
- Had they played each other last week, Beginners Luck would have lost to TightEND 122.95 - 81.40.
- If they played the same schedule as Beginners Luck, TightEND would be 5-4.
- TightEND would be 41-58 if they played every team every week.
- Five of the eight losses for TightEND this season have come when their opponent scores higher than their season average.
- The margin of victory was the sixth-largest in the league this season.
- It was the lowest score of the season for TightEND. Their 70.70 points were also last in the league in scoring for the week.
- This was the second time this season that TightEND lost by the week's biggest margin.
- The win by Beginners Luck snapped a four-game losing streak.
- The RBs on TightEND collectively had their worst week of the season with only 12.10 points.
- Two of the starters for Beginners Luck scored higher than the leading scorer for TightEND.
- TightEND falls to 0-4 and remains winless in upset games this season.
- Points by NFL Position
- Top Players by Points
- Game Flow
- Weekly Scoring Comparison
- Beginners Luck
Recaps impacted by a stat correction will be updated by Saturday.