Powered by Automated Insights The Jäger Bombers Beats Top the Chop, Expels Them from First Place
- The Jäger Bombers
- Top the Chop
The Jäger Bombers (12th place, 2-5, 723.96 points) pushes Top the Chop (5-2, 814.20 points) out of the top spot in the league after beating them 134.72 - 105.74. They also got the highest point total in the league this week. The Jäger Bombers played quite well and scored 30.8% more than their projected 102.98 points, while Top the Chop fell just short of projections and got 93.5% of a projected 113.04. Top the Chop was led by Peyton Manning with 26.34 points and the Carolina Panthers Defense who scored 20.00.
Smooth Moves by The Jäger Bombers
- Vincent Jackson had 30.80 points, the second-highest WR score of the week and the seventh-highest WR score in the league this season.
- The 30.02 points scored by Andrew Luck ranked third in the league in scoring. It was also his highest output of the season.
- Benched RB Willis McGahee, who scored fewer points than any RB in the starting lineup with 3.90.
- Jermichael Finley scored 15.70 points to rank second among TEs in the league this week.
- Rob Gronkowski had the third-highest TE score in the league this week with 15.40 points.
Toyota Missed Opportunities by Top the Chop
- Picked up Jarrett Boykin but left him on the bench, where he scored 20.30 points against a projected 9.77.
- With 6.10 points against a projected 12.65, Antonio Gates did not meet his projection for the third straight game.
- The WRs on Top the Chop let them down, resulting in a 40.70 - 19.20 difference at the position.
- Bilal Powell did not meet his 10.62 projected points and has now underperformed versus projections for four straight weeks. He also scored a season-low 0.60 points.
- Top the Chop was not able to win even though only 4 of their 9 starters fell short of their projected point total.
- The Jäger Bombers would be 3-4 if they played Top the Chop every week.
- The Jäger Bombers would have been undefeated if they played every team in the league this week.
- The Jäger Bombers would have defeated Top the Chop 132.48 - 102.50 had they played each other last week.
- The Jäger Bombers would be 3-3 if they played the same schedule as Top the Chop.
- If The Jäger Bombers had played every team in the league each week, they would be 45-46.
- Top the Chop would have lost to just three other teams besides The Jäger Bombers this week.
- If they played the same schedule as The Jäger Bombers, Top the Chop would be 3-3.
- Top the Chop would be 62-29 if they played every team every week.
- With 134.72 points, The Jäger Bombers set their new season-high en route to leading the league in scoring for the week.
- In the loss, Top the Chop had the ninth-highest losing score in the league this season with 105.74 points.
- The margin of victory of 28.98 points was the biggest of the season for The Jäger Bombers.
- Top the Chop had their three-game win streak snapped in the loss.
- The Jäger Bombers got a combined 31.10 points from their TEs, their highest combined scoring output from the TE position this season.
- The Jäger Bombers had two starters score more points than the highest-scoring starter for Top the Chop.
- The drafted players on The Jäger Bombers put up 89.6% of the team's points this week.
- The Jäger Bombers overachieved and improves to 2-2 when doing so, while Top the Chop fell short of their projection. They are now 1-2 when scoring less than expected.
- Points by NFL Position
- Top Players by Points
- Game Flow
- Weekly Scoring Comparison
- The Jäger Bombers
- Top the Chop
Recaps impacted by a stat correction will be updated by Saturday.