Powered by Automated Insights Knuckle Children Puts the Kibosh on Blurred Lions, Tacks On Third Straight Win
- Knuckle Children
- Blurred Lions
Knuckle Children got the third-highest score this week from Cam Newton on the way to their third consecutive win when they defeated Blurred Lions 123.98 - 101.28. The streak, which has provided big momentum for Knuckle Children, has allowed them to move up from seventh place in Week 4 to third place now. They also have the highest scoring output in the league at 123.43 points per matchup. The margin wasn't as big as it could have been, Knuckle Children had two starters score zero points. Blurred Lions goes to 3-3 and holds steady in seventh place. Knuckle Children has now steamrolled Ted Baxter (113.52 - 94.98) and Mundane morning QB (118.02 - 90.32).
Smooth Moves by Knuckle Children
- Jamaal Charles had 27.30 points, the third-highest RB score of the week and the seventh-highest RB score in the league this season.
- Cam Newton had 30.68 points, the highest QB score of the week and the ninth-highest QB score in the league this season.
- Took Rashad Jennings out of the starting lineup, who scored 2.60 points on the bench, fewer than the starting RB.
- DeSean Jackson scored 21.40 points, the fourth-highest WR score in the league this week.
- The 19.60 points scored by Brandon LaFell was the sixth-highest score by a WR in the league this week.
Toyota Missed Opportunities by Blurred Lions
- Did not start Larry Fitzgerald, who beat his scoring projection with 19.10 points against a projected 10.03.
- Traded for and started Philip Rivers, who then scored below his 18.18-point projection with 13.38 points.
- At the QB position, Blurred Lions got outscored 30.68 - 13.38 by Knuckle Children.
- At the DEF position, Blurred Lions got outscored 11.00 - 2.00 by Knuckle Children.
- Of the 9 starters on Blurred Lions, 5 underperformed versus their projections.
- If Knuckle Children played Blurred Lions every week, they would be 4-2 this season.
- Knuckle Children would have beaten 10 other teams besides Blurred Lions this week.
- Knuckle Children would have defeated Blurred Lions 118.02 - 92.88 had they played each other last week.
- Knuckle Children would be 3-2 if they played the same schedule as Blurred Lions.
- If Knuckle Children had played every team in the league each week, they would be 52-26.
- Blurred Lions would have lost to six other teams besides Knuckle Children this week.
- Blurred Lions would be 3-2 if they played the same schedule as Knuckle Children.
- If they played every team every week, Blurred Lions would be 43-35.
- Knuckle Children had three starters who scored more points than the highest-scoring starter for Blurred Lions.
- Knuckle Children scored 123.98 points against a projected 106.71 and has overachieved for five straight weeks.
- Knuckle Children is on the longest active win streak in the league, winning three straight games.
- Blurred Lions scored 101.28 points against a projected 100.15 and beat their scoring projection for the fourth time this season, including the last three weeks in a row.
- In the loss, Blurred Lions had their highest losing score of the season with 101.28 points.
- Knuckle Children covered the 6.56-point spread, winning by 22.70 points.
- Blurred Lions got their lowest combined scoring output from the RB position this season with only 17.40 points this week.
- Knuckle Children overachieved in the win, improving to 4-1 when beating their projected points this season, while Blurred Lions falls to 2-2 when scoring above their projected points.
- Points by NFL Position
- Top Players by Points
- Game Flow
- Weekly Scoring Comparison
- Knuckle Children
- Blurred Lions
Recaps impacted by a stat correction will be updated by Saturday.