Powered by Automated Insights Top the Chop Beats Rookie Mistakes, Tacks On Third Straight Win
- Top the Chop
- Rookie Mistakes
Top the Chop earned their third win in a row when they defeated Rookie Mistakes 102.50 - 80.34. They were led by Marshawn Lynch who had 29.50 points. They've climbed from fifth place to take over first since the beginning of the streak in Week 4. They also have the second-highest scoring output in the league at 118.08 points per matchup. Adding insult to injury, Rookie Mistakes had a starter score zero points (Cecil Shorts III). Rookie Mistakes slides to 14th place with a 0-6 record. Top the Chop has now blown through Eric's Optimal Team (133.08 - 83.82) and Hummerville KINGpins (148.16 - 107.46).
Smooth Moves by Top the Chop
- Marshawn Lynch had the second-highest RB score of the week and the fourth-highest RB score in the league this season with 29.50 points.
- Took Bilal Powell out of the starting lineup, who scored 6.50 points on the bench, fewer than the starting RB.
- Top the Chop won despite having only 2 of their 9 starters exceed their projected points.
- With 11.00 points versus a projected 7.36, the Carolina Panthers Defense exceeded their scoring projection by 49.5%.
- Top the Chop won even though all three of their WRs scored below their projected points.
Toyota Missed Opportunities by Rookie Mistakes
- With 11.10 points against a projected 16.65, Doug Martin did not meet his projection for the fifth straight game.
- DeAndre Hopkins has now failed to reach his projection for four straight games. This week he scored 4.20 points versus a projected 8.57.
- The WR corps couldn't keep pace with their counterparts from Top the Chop and were outscored 26.90 - 13.00.
- It was a season-low 6.80 points for Fred Jackson this week. It was also a season-low for his performance versus projections, reaching only 74.8% of a projected point total of 9.09.
- Rookie Mistakes had 6 of their 9 starters score less than their projected points.
- If Top the Chop played Rookie Mistakes every week, they would be 5-1 this season.
- Besides Rookie Mistakes, Top the Chop would have defeated seven other teams this week.
- Had they played each other last week, Top the Chop would have defeated Rookie Mistakes 148.16 - 72.00.
- Top the Chop would be 2-3 if they played the same schedule as Rookie Mistakes.
- Top the Chop would be 53-25 if they played every team every week.
- Rookie Mistakes would have lost to nine other teams besides Top the Chop this week.
- Rookie Mistakes would be 3-2 if they played the same schedule as Top the Chop.
- If they played every team every week, Rookie Mistakes would be 24-54.
- Top the Chop put up their smallest winning point total of the year.
- Top the Chop has won three straight games, the longest current winning streak in the league.
- Rookie Mistakes scored 80.34 points against a projected 92.20 and underachieved for the fifth time this season, including the last four weeks in a row.
- Randall Cobb had a season-low 7.30 points against a projected 14.75 in the win and has now scored below his projection in three straight games.
- Rookie Mistakes got their lowest combined scoring output from the WR position this season with only 13.00 points this week.
- The 22.16-point margin of victory was the smallest in the league this week.
- In the loss, Mason Crosby scored 14.00 points against a projected 7.58 and has now overachieved in four straight games.
- This is the third week this season that Top the Chop has been in first place.
- Points by NFL Position
- Top Players by Points
- Game Flow
- Weekly Scoring Comparison
- Top the Chop
- Rookie Mistakes
Recaps impacted by a stat correction will be updated by Saturday.