Powered by Automated Insights Touchdown There Beats Tip Drill, Makes It Four in a Row
- Touchdown There
- Tip Drill
Touchdown There took advantage of a pair of elite performances from Matthew Stafford (38.60 points) and Cam Newton (30.05) to beat Tip Drill 165.46 - 143.93. Tip Drill is all but finished after losing their last six. Colin Kaepernick led Tip Drill with 29.60 points while Eddie Lacy racked up 21.20. Touchdown There (5-3, 1,183.69 points) climbs into fourth place and Tip Drill (2-6, 1,081.68 points) stays down in ninth place.
Smooth Moves by Touchdown There
- Matthew Stafford ranked fourth in the league in scoring and had the highest output of any player on Touchdown There this season with 38.60 points.
- With 30.05 points, Cam Newton ranked eighth in the league in scoring.
- Picked up the Green Bay Packers Defense, which scored 12.58 points, beating their 9.75-point projection by 29.0%.
- With 25.30 points, Knowshon Moreno ranked second in scoring among all RBs in the league this week.
- Dez Bryant scored 24.30 points, the sixth-highest WR score in the league this week.
Toyota Missed Opportunities by Tip Drill
- Left Golden Tate on the bench, where he scored the 10th-most points in the league and beat his projected point total by 141.0%, the fourth-highest percentage in the league.
- Eli Manning has now failed to reach his projection for three straight games. This week he scored 12.20 points versus a projected 20.47.
- Pierre Garcon scored 11.60 points against a projected 17.60 and has now underachieved in three straight games.
- Anquan Boldin has scored below his projection in four straight games after scoring 9.60 points against a projected 13.84 this week.
- Darren Sproles did not meet his 16.03 projected points and has now underperformed versus projections for three straight weeks. He also scored a season-low 5.28 points.
- Touchdown There would be 5-3 if they played Tip Drill every week.
- Besides Tip Drill, Touchdown There would have defeated five other teams this week.
- Touchdown There would have defeated Tip Drill 138.28 - 118.81 had they played each other last week.
- If they played the same schedule as Tip Drill, Touchdown There would be 3-4.
- If Touchdown There had played every team in the league each week, they would be 35-37.
- Besides Touchdown There, Tip Drill would have been defeated by four other teams this week.
- Tip Drill would be 2-5 if they played the same schedule as Touchdown There.
- If they played every team every week, Tip Drill would be 18-54.
- Tip Drill has lost six times and five of them have come to teams who beat their scoring average in that matchup.
- With the loss, Tip Drill has the longest losing streak in the league, stretching back six straight games.
- Tip Drill underachieved for the fifth time this season, including the last four weeks in a row, scoring 143.93 points against a projected 161.77 this week.
- In the loss, Colin Kaepernick ranked ninth in the league in scoring with 29.60 points against a projected 21.52 and has now overachieved in three straight games.
- Despite being on the winning team, Jason Witten had a season-low 3.50 points against a projected 14.35 and has now underachieved in three straight games.
- Julian Edelman scored a season-low 3.03 points and underachieved for the fourth straight week.
- Touchdown There got a combined 68.65 points from their QBs, their highest combined scoring output from the QB position this season.
- The margin of victory for the matchup ended up being the smallest in the league this week at 21.53 points.
- Points by NFL Position
- Top Players by Points
- Game Flow
- Weekly Scoring Comparison
- Touchdown There
- Tip Drill
Recaps impacted by a stat correction will be updated by Saturday.