Powered by Automated Insights Taste the Rainbow Knocks Out Captain Tan, Climbs into First Place
- Taste the Rainbow
- Captain Tan
Taste the Rainbow (4-1, 537.33 points) takes ownership of first place in the league after dismantling Captain Tan (10th place, 0-5, 401.53 points) 123.23 - 60.48. Taste the Rainbow also recorded the second-highest point total in the league this week. Captain Tan is watching the season slip away and is winless. Captain Tan was led by Jason Witten with 20.55 points and Aaron Rodgers who scored 11.88. Adding insult to injury, Captain Tan got zero points from the Houston Texans Defense.
Smooth Moves by Taste the Rainbow
- Traded for Julius Thomas, who had the most points in the matchup and beat his scoring projection by 275.5%.
- The Arizona Cardinals Defense had 24.00 points, the highest DEF score of the week and the second-highest score among DEF in the league this season.
- Sat TE Coby Fleener on the bench, where he had the lowest TE score on the team with 1.75 points.
- Put K Josh Brown on the bench, where he had the lowest K score on the team with 3.00 points.
- Garrett Hartley, who was picked up by Taste the Rainbow, scored 16.00 points against a projected 7.80, topping his projection by 105.1%.
Toyota Missed Opportunities by Captain Tan
- Should have started Denarius Moore, who beat his scoring projection with 12.70 points against a projected 6.13.
- Should have started the Baltimore Ravens Defense, which underachieved, but still had more points than the starting DEF with 7.00 against a projected 8.85.
- 8 of the starters on Captain Tan underperformed versus their projections.
- Taste the Rainbow won the K position battle, beating Captain Tan 16.00 - 7.00.
- It was a season-low 2.80 points for Trent Richardson this week. It was also a season-low for his performance versus projections, reaching only 30.8% of a projected point total of 9.08.
- If Taste the Rainbow played Captain Tan every week, they would be 4-1 this season.
- Besides Captain Tan, Taste the Rainbow would have defeated seven other teams this week.
- Taste the Rainbow would have defeated Captain Tan 119.42 - 74.31 had they played each other last week.
- Taste the Rainbow would be 3-1 if they played the same schedule as Captain Tan.
- If Taste the Rainbow had played every team in the league each week, they would be 32-13.
- Captain Tan would have been beaten by every other team in the league this week.
- Captain Tan would be 2-2 if they played the same schedule as Taste the Rainbow.
- Captain Tan would be 11-34 if they played every team every week.
- Taste the Rainbow had three starters who scored more points than the highest-scoring starter for Captain Tan.
- This is the fourth game in a row where Captain Tan has failed to reach their projected points.
- The margin of victory of 62.75 points was the largest in the league this week and second-biggest in the league this season.
- Captain Tan was last in the league in scoring and had their lowest score of the season with 60.48 points.
- Captain Tan got their lowest combined scoring output from the RB position this season with only 11.70 points this week.
- It was the worst loss of the season for Captain Tan, with the margin of victory coming in at 62.75 points.
- Taste the Rainbow is now 2-1 in blowout games, including wins in their last two such contests.
- Jason Witten scored 20.55 points, the 10th-highest TE score in the league this season, but it was not enough to tip the scales in favor of Captain Tan.
- Points by NFL Position
- Top Players by Points
- Game Flow
- Weekly Scoring Comparison
- Taste the Rainbow
- Captain Tan
Recaps impacted by a stat correction will be updated by Saturday.