Powered by Automated Insights Balls Deep Puts the Kibosh on Captain Tan who Can't Shake Losing Streak
- Balls Deep
- Captain Tan
Balls Deep (2-2, 340.93 points) got the win over Captain Tan (0-4, 340.95 points) 93.32 - 74.21, led by Tom Brady with 23.22 points and Kenbrell Thompkins who had 20.35. Balls Deep was the first to put points on the board and by Sunday was already in front 5.00 - 0. They lost the handle after the early Sunday games and trailed 41.55 - 38.45. Sunday night came to an end with Balls Deep up by 14.71 and they stayed on top through the rest of the matchup.
Smooth Moves by Balls Deep
- Picked up Kenbrell Thompkins, who beat his scoring projection by 161.6%, which was the highest percentage among the two teams.
- Balls Deep saw their second-largest single-week point total by a player this season with Tom Brady scoring 23.22 points. The score was also high enough to rank 10th in the league.
- The 15.00 points scored by Andre Johnson was the ninth-highest score by a WR in the league this week.
- 5 of the 9 starters on Balls Deep exceeded their projected points.
- Balls Deep won even though both of their RBs scored below their projected points.
Toyota Missed Opportunities by Captain Tan
- Stevie Johnson was last on the team in scoring with 0.45 points, 5.5% of his projected 8.16, which is his lowest percentage of the season.
- Jason Witten has scored below his projection in three straight games after scoring 4.65 points against a projected 8.70 this week.
- It was a beating at QB for Captain Tan, as they were outscored 23.22 - 7.01 by Balls Deep.
- Michael Vick scored a season-low 7.01 points, 52.2% of his projected 13.42, which is his lowest percentage of the year.
- Captain Tan had 6 of their 9 starters score less than their projected points.
- If Balls Deep played Captain Tan every week, they would be 2-2 this season.
- Balls Deep would have beaten three other teams besides Captain Tan this week.
- Had they played each other last week, Balls Deep would have defeated Captain Tan 94.65 - 76.03.
- Balls Deep would be 1-2 if they played the same schedule as Captain Tan.
- If Balls Deep had played every team in the league each week, they would be 10-26.
- Captain Tan would have lost to six other teams besides Balls Deep this week.
- Captain Tan would be 1-2 if they played the same schedule as Balls Deep.
- If they played every team every week, Captain Tan would be 11-25.
- Three of the starters for Balls Deep scored higher than the leading scorer for Captain Tan.
- Captain Tan has underachieved for three straight weeks, having scored 74.21 points against a projected 89.15 this week.
- The margin of victory of 19.11 points was the biggest of the season for Balls Deep.
- The WRs on Captain Tan collectively had their best week of the season with 23.75 points.
- Captain Tan had 74.21 points, their season-low.
- Phil Dawson did little to help Balls Deep, underperforming versus projections for the third straight game with 5.00 points against a projected 9.15.
- Pierre Thomas scored 4.40 points against a projected 7.76 in the win, and has now scored below his projection in three straight games.
- This is the biggest margin of defeat of the season for Captain Tan.
- Points by NFL Position
- Top Players by Points
- Game Flow
- Weekly Scoring Comparison
- Balls Deep
- Captain Tan
Recaps impacted by a stat correction will be updated by Saturday.