Powered by Automated Insights Balls Deep Beats Captain Tan and Stays Undefeated in the Series
- Balls Deep
- Captain Tan
Balls Deep defeated Captain Tan 110.32 - 83.64 for a second win in as many head-to-head matchups. Balls Deep puts up a lot of points against Captain Tan, and has a 101.82-point average score in the series. This is 127.9% of their overall season average. This week, Eric Decker was the key difference, getting 41.70 points. That's a lot more than Tom Brady, who led all players with 23.22 points the last time these teams met. This is the largest margin for Balls Deep in two head-to-head matchups. They beat Captain Tan 93.32 - 74.31 in Week 4.
Smooth Moves by Balls Deep
- Balls Deep got their highest point total by a player this season from Eric Decker, who had 41.70 points.
- Took Case Keenum out of the starting lineup, who scored 9.74 points on the bench, fewer than the starting QB.
- Andre Johnson ranked seventh in the league in scoring among WRs this week with 15.05 points.
- By scoring 22.42 points, Tom Brady beat his 16.00 projected points by 40.1%.
- Balls Deep was still able to pull out a win with only 4 of their 9 starters exceeding their projected points.
Toyota Missed Opportunities by Captain Tan
- Stevie Johnson has now failed to reach his projection for three straight games. This week he scored 3.25 points versus a projected 7.16.
- With 0.95 points against a projected 4.60, Trent Richardson did not meet his projection for the ninth straight game.
- 5 of the starters on Captain Tan scored less than their projected points.
- With 4.15 points, Jason Witten scored only 48.1% of his 8.62 projected point total.
- The Buffalo Bills Defense underachieved, scoring 7.00 points, only 77.1% of their projected 9.08.
- Balls Deep would be 6-7 if they played Captain Tan every week.
- Besides Captain Tan, Balls Deep would have defeated five other teams this week.
- If they played the same schedule as Captain Tan, Balls Deep would be 3-8.
- If Balls Deep had played every team in the league each week, they would be 30-87.
- Captain Tan would have lost to five other teams besides Balls Deep this week.
- Had they played each other last week, Balls Deep would have lost to Captain Tan 85.49 - 40.98.
- If they played the same schedule as Balls Deep, Captain Tan would be 1-10.
- If they played every team every week, Captain Tan would be 35-82.
- Captain Tan has lost nine times and four of them have come to teams who beat their scoring average in that matchup.
- Captain Tan beat their scoring projection for the fifth time this season by scoring 83.64 points against a projected 80.02. They have now overachieved three weeks in a row.
- Balls Deep snapped their eight-game losing streak with the win.
- The margin of victory of 26.68 points was the biggest of the season for Balls Deep.
- Balls Deep got a combined 56.75 points from their WRs, their highest combined scoring output from the WR position this season.
- Larry Fitzgerald scored 12.10 points against a projected 8.49 in the loss and has now beaten his projection in three straight games.
- Pierre Thomas scored 3.05 points against a projected 7.35 in the win, and has now scored below his projection in three straight games.
- Balls Deep got 96.5% of their points from players they drafted.
- Points by NFL Position
- Top Players by Points
- Game Flow
- Weekly Scoring Comparison
- Balls Deep
- Captain Tan
Recaps impacted by a stat correction will be updated by Saturday.