Powered by Automated Insights leatherandlacy Comes from Behind to Shock Taste the Rainbow, Evens Up the Series
- Taste the Rainbow
Down by 8.95 points on Monday night, leatherandlacy registered 31.55 to pull off an upset of Taste the Rainbow, 91.45 - 74.20. They picked up a team-leading 31.55 points from Russell Wilson. The shocker was an answer to a 119.42 - 67.96 pasting by Taste the Rainbow in Week 4. Taste the Rainbow had two players rank highly this week. Josh McCown scored 24.10 points while Reggie Bush put up 20.60. Taste the Rainbow (7-6, 1,189.14 points) drops to sixth place while leatherandlacy (6-7, 1,150.85 points) remains in seventh place.
Smooth Moves by leatherandlacy
- Russell Wilson ranked fifth in the league in scoring and had the highest output of any player on leatherandlacy this season with 31.55 points.
- Took Ben Roethlisberger out of the starting lineup, who scored 17.69 points on the bench, fewer than the starting QB.
- Anquan Boldin has now overachieved in three straight games after scoring 9.40 points against a projected 5.89.
- By scoring 11.00 points, Matt Bryant beat his 8.21 projected points by 34.0%.
- With only 4 of their 9 starters beating their projected points, leatherandlacy was still able to win.
Toyota Missed Opportunities by Taste the Rainbow
- Taste the Rainbow had 7 starters fail to reach their projections.
- Taste the Rainbow had no luck at the K position, losing the point battle 11.00 - 1.00 to leatherandlacy.
- The Arizona Cardinals Defense did not meet their 9.84-point projection this week, the sixth time that's happened this season. Their 5.00 points were also a season-low.
- With 4.25 points, Brandon Marshall scored only 33.6% of his 12.66 projected point total.
- With 7.00 points versus a projected 8.94, Victor Cruz scored only 78.3% of his projected point total.
- If leatherandlacy played Taste the Rainbow every week, they would be 5-8 this season.
- leatherandlacy would have beaten four other teams besides Taste the Rainbow this week.
- Had they played each other last week, leatherandlacy would have defeated Taste the Rainbow 122.89 - 79.69.
- If they played the same schedule as Taste the Rainbow, leatherandlacy would be 6-5.
- If leatherandlacy had played every team in the league each week, they would be 56-61.
- Besides leatherandlacy, Taste the Rainbow would have been defeated by seven other teams this week.
- Taste the Rainbow would be 6-5 if they played the same schedule as leatherandlacy.
- Taste the Rainbow would be 61-56 if they played every team every week.
- Taste the Rainbow has lost six times and three of them have come to teams who beat their scoring average in that matchup.
- leatherandlacy beat their scoring projection for the ninth time this season by scoring 91.45 points against a projected 77.60. They have now overachieved three weeks in a row.
- leatherandlacy remains undefeated in upset games this season, improving to 5-0.
- With the loss, Taste the Rainbow is now 1-2 in upset games this season.
- With 15.15 points, Taste the Rainbow got the lowest combined scoring output from the WR position for any team this week.
- The draft continues to pay off for leatherandlacy, which got 84.1% of their points from players they drafted.
- The 74.20 points put up by Taste the Rainbow ranked ninth in the league this week.
- Josh McCown did what he could in the loss for Taste the Rainbow. He scored 24.10 points, the eighth-highest score in the league this week.
- Points by NFL Position
- Top Players by Points
- Game Flow
- Weekly Scoring Comparison
- Taste the Rainbow
Recaps impacted by a stat correction will be updated by Saturday.