Powered by Automated Insights MagicMan#7 Pulls Off Upset Against Taste the Rainbow, Moves Up to Fourth Place
- Taste the Rainbow
MagicMan#7 put up the highest point total this week to take down Taste the Rainbow 104.64 - 84.72. MagicMan#7 came into the matchup as the underdog, with a projected spread of 10.57. With the win, MagicMan#7 secures a playoff spot. The shocker was an answer to a 125.43 - 124.96 tight loss to Taste the Rainbow in Week 2. MagicMan#7 (7-4, 1,052.03 points) climbs into fourth place and Taste the Rainbow (6-5, 1,035.25 points) drops to fifth place.
Smooth Moves by MagicMan#7
- With 28.95 points, Calvin Johnson had the highest WR score of the week and the ninth-highest WR score in the league this season.
- Matthew Stafford ranked seventh in the league in scoring with 23.44 points against a projected 16.00 and has now overachieved in five straight games.
- Josh Gordon had the fifth-highest score of any WR in the league this week with 19.75 points.
- With 17.00 points versus a projected 10.17, the Seattle Seahawks Defense exceeded their scoring projection by 67.2%.
- MagicMan#7 was still able to pull out a win with only 4 of their 9 starters exceeding their projected points.
Toyota Missed Opportunities by Taste the Rainbow
- Did not start Coby Fleener, who scored 14.35 points, surpassing his projected points by 164.8%, the fifth-highest percentage in the league.
- Should have started Steven Hauschka, who beat his scoring projection with 13.00 points against a projected 7.27.
- Should have started Ryan Tannehill, who underachieved, but still had more points than the starting QB with 10.41 against a projected 11.87.
- Picked up and started Josh McCown, who then scored below his 14.77-point projection with 10.27 points.
- The WRs on Taste the Rainbow let them down, resulting in a 50.05 - 21.95 difference at the position.
- If MagicMan#7 played Taste the Rainbow every week, they would be 5-6 this season.
- MagicMan#7 would have been undefeated if they played every team in the league this week.
- If they played the same schedule as Taste the Rainbow, MagicMan#7 would be 7-2.
- If MagicMan#7 had played every team in the league each week, they would be 59-40.
- Taste the Rainbow would have lost to five other teams besides MagicMan#7 this week.
- MagicMan#7 would have lost to Taste the Rainbow 123.70 - 86.28 had they played each other last week.
- If they played the same schedule as MagicMan#7, Taste the Rainbow would be 5-4.
- Taste the Rainbow would be 56-43 if they played every team every week.
- Taste the Rainbow scored 84.72 points and lost. It is their highest losing score of the season.
- MagicMan#7 led the league in scoring for the third time this season with 104.64 points.
- Despite playing on the losing team, Marshawn Lynch ranked eighth in the league in scoring with 22.15 points against a projected 11.00 and has now beaten his projection in three straight games.
- MagicMan#7 had two starters score more points than the highest-scoring starter for Taste the Rainbow.
- MagicMan#7 remains undefeated in upset games this season, improving to 2-0.
- The highest-scoring group of WRs in the league this week was on MagicMan#7, which got 50.05 points from the position.
- MagicMan#7 is leveraging their draft well. This week they got 91.3% of their points from players they drafted.
- The 19.92-point margin of victory by MagicMan#7 was the second-biggest win in the league this week.
- Points by NFL Position
- Top Players by Points
- Game Flow
- Weekly Scoring Comparison
- Taste the Rainbow
Recaps impacted by a stat correction will be updated by Saturday.