Powered by Automated Insights Dragonites Spanks Panhandlers, Moves Up to Second Place
Dragonites remains unbeaten in two matchups against Panhandlers and they turn out the lights in this one, with a 134.13 - 65.62 lopsided victory. Josh Gordon did the most damage, getting 25.05 points for Dragonites. The last time these teams met, Arian Foster led with 14.55. Dragonites now has a 39.89-point average margin of victory over Panhandlers. They won 84.95 - 73.68 in Week 4.
Smooth Moves by Dragonites
- Josh Gordon had 25.05 points, the second-highest WR score of the week and the sixth-highest WR score in the league this season.
- With 22.66 points against a projected 15.11, Cam Newton ranked ninth in the league in scoring and has now overachieved in three straight games.
- Picked up Fred Jackson, who beat his scoring projection by 165.9%, the ninth-highest percentage in the league.
- With 15.15 points, Rashad Jennings ranked fifth in scoring among all RBs in the league this week.
- With only 5 of their 13 starters beating their projected points, Dragonites was still able to win.
Toyota Missed Opportunities by Panhandlers
- Missed out on an opportunity by leaving the 9.90 points scored by Greg Jennings on the bench this week. He outperformed his projected point total by 240.2%, the fourth-highest percentage in the league.
- Panhandlers had 10 of their 13 starters score less than their projected points.
- The 2.00 points scored by Tamba Hali fell short of his 7.88-point projection, the third straight game where that has happened.
- Hakeem Nicks has now failed to reach his projection for six straight games. This week he scored 1.70 points versus a projected 4.78.
- Brandon Pettigrew was last in the matchup in scoring with 0.30 points against a projected 2.17 and underachieved for the second time this season.
- Dragonites would be 10-3 if they played Panhandlers every week.
- Dragonites would have been undefeated if they played every team in the league this week.
- Dragonites would have defeated Panhandlers 89.11 - 61.11 had they played each other last week.
- Dragonites would be 2-9 if they played the same schedule as Panhandlers.
- Dragonites would be 55-62 if they played every team every week.
- Panhandlers would have been beaten by every other team in the league this week.
- Panhandlers would be 2-9 if they played the same schedule as Dragonites.
- If they played every team every week, Panhandlers would be 23-94.
- Three of the 13 losses for Panhandlers this season have come when their opponent had their highest-scoring week of the season.
- This matchup featured both the highest-scoring team and the lowest-scoring team in the league this week.
- The margin of victory of 68.51 points set the record as the biggest in the league this season.
- It was the seventh time this season that Panhandlers has had the lowest score in the league.
- This was the fifth time this season that Panhandlers lost by the week's biggest margin.
- The 34.65 points by the RBs on Dragonites was the season-high for combined points from the position.
- Dragonites had two starters score more points than the highest-scoring starter for Panhandlers.
- Devin McCourty did little to help Dragonites, underperforming versus projections for the third straight game with 5.00 points against a projected 8.84.
- Points by NFL Position
- Top Players by Points
- Game Flow
- Weekly Scoring Comparison
Recaps impacted by a stat correction will be updated by Saturday.