Powered by Automated Insights Dragonites Lays Waste to Lincoln Loons for Third in a Row
- Lincoln Loons
Dragonites clobbered Lincoln Loons 126.06 - 85.99, making it two wins in as many head-to-head matchups. Cam Newton put up 25.28 points and was unstoppable. It was quite a bit more than his 15.33 points in the last matchup with Lincoln Loons. Dragonites won 93.76 - 76.08 in Week 2, and now has a 28.88-point average margin of victory over Lincoln Loons.
Smooth Moves by Dragonites
- Cam Newton led the league in scoring with 25.28 points, the fourth-highest score of any player on Dragonites this season.
- With 20.03 points, Antonio Brown got the fifth-largest point total in the league and beat his projected points by 152.3%, which was the ninth-biggest percentage in the league.
- Vontaze Burfict ranked sixth in the league in scoring and beat his scoring projection by 165.6%, the seventh-highest percentage in the league.
- The 13.50 points scored by Rashad Jennings, who Dragonites picked up this week, beat his projected point total of 8.42 by 60.3%.
- Greg Olsen scored 8.60 points to rank third among TEs in the league this week.
Toyota Missed Opportunities by Lincoln Loons
- Should have started Matt Ryan, who underachieved, but still had more points than the starting QB with 13.08 against a projected 15.55.
- Picked up and started Curtis Lofton, who then scored below his 5.80-point projection with 3.00 points.
- Reggie Bush scored the fewest points in the league this week with a season-low -0.30 points.
- The 3.10 points scored by Steve Smith fell short of his 5.47-point projection, the fourth straight game where that has happened.
- Dragonites had a better day at the QB position, topping Lincoln Loons 25.28 - 12.19.
- Dragonites would be 6-5 if they played Lincoln Loons every week.
- Dragonites would have beaten every other team in the league this week.
- Dragonites would be 3-6 if they played the same schedule as Lincoln Loons.
- If Dragonites had played every team in the league each week, they would be 43-56.
- Besides Dragonites, Lincoln Loons would have been defeated by three other teams this week.
- Had they played each other last week, Dragonites would have lost to Lincoln Loons 84.06 - 72.88.
- Lincoln Loons would be 7-2 if they played the same schedule as Dragonites.
- Lincoln Loons would be 61-38 if they played every team every week.
- Lincoln Loons has lost five times and four of them have come to teams who beat their scoring average in that matchup.
- Dragonites had three starters who scored more points than the highest-scoring starter for Lincoln Loons.
- The margin of victory of 40.07 points was the largest in the league this week and 10th-biggest in the league this season.
- Dragonites is on the longest active win streak in the league, winning three straight games.
- The 126.06 points scored by Dragonites was the highest in the league this week and the sixth-highest in the league this season.
- Although Dragonites won, it was no thanks to Trent Richardson, who scored 2.65 points and has now scored below his projection in seven straight weeks.
- Dragonites won in a blowout. They are now 1-2 in blowouts matchups this season.
- It was the worst loss of the season for Lincoln Loons, with the margin of victory coming in at 40.07 points.
- Points by NFL Position
- Top Players by Points
- Game Flow
- Weekly Scoring Comparison
- Lincoln Loons
Recaps impacted by a stat correction will be updated by Saturday.