Powered by Automated Insights Virginia Hams Puts the Kibosh on Gem City Maulers
- Virginia Hams
- Gem City Maulers
Larry Fitzgerald got 16.00 points and Jamaal Charles scored 11.00 as Virginia Hams beat Gem City Maulers, 96.30 - 89.72. Gem City Maulers met expectations and scored 0.6% more points than projected (89.22). Virginia Hams put up 93.0% of a projected 103.57 points. Gem City Maulers was led by Jared Cook with 16.05 points and Robert Griffin III who scored 14.78. Virginia Hams (1-0) starts off the season in fourth place while Gem City Maulers (0-1) begins in seventh place.
Smooth Moves by Virginia Hams
- The 7.00 points scored by Jared Allen, who Virginia Hams picked up this week, beat his projected point total of 5.42 by 29.2%.
- Larry Fitzgerald had the sixth-highest score of any WR in the league this week with 16.00 points.
- The 11.00 points scored by Jamaal Charles was the fifth-highest score of any RB in the league this week.
- Ray Rice scored 9.55 points, which ranked seventh out of all the RBs in the league this week.
- With only 6 of their 13 starters beating their projected points, Virginia Hams was still able to win.
Toyota Missed Opportunities by Gem City Maulers
- Did not start Peyton Manning, who led the league in scoring with 51.24 points.
- Gem City Maulers had 8 of their 13 starters score less than their projected points.
- Dez Bryant fell short of his scoring projection with 1.10 points, just 15.6% of his projected 7.07.
- Gem City Maulers saw all four of their WR starters fail to reach their projections.
- With 89.72 points from their starters and 54.14 total points left on the bench, Gem City Maulers had the worst starter/bench scoring ratio in the league this week.
- Besides Gem City Maulers, Virginia Hams would have defeated four other teams this week.
- If Virginia Hams had scored 45.70 more points, they would have beaten all teams in the league this week.
- Gem City Maulers would have lost to four other teams besides Virginia Hams this week.
- If Gem City Maulers had scored 20.89 fewer points, they would have lost to all teams in the league this week.
- The 6.58-point margin of victory was the smallest in the league this week.
- Virginia Hams underachieved in the win, recording 93.0% of their projected 103.57, while Gem City Maulers performed better than expected, beating their 89.22-point projection by 0.6%.
- Gem City Maulers got 7.47 points from their WRs, the lowest combined scoring output from the WR position for any team this week.
- Jared Cook performed well in the loss by having the third-highest score of any TE in the league this week with 16.05 points.
- Even in the loss, the 9.30 points scored by Darren McFadden was the eighth-highest score of any RB in the league this week.
- Virginia Hams got 26.65 points from their RBs, the second-highest combined scoring output from the RB position for any team this week.
- Although Gem City Maulers lost, Stephen Gostkowski played well, bringing in 34.3% more points than was projected (11.00 points against a projected 8.19).
- J.J. Watt did not contribute much to the win by Virginia Hams. He only scored 3.00 points of a projected 11.08.
- Points by NFL Position
- Top Players by Points
- Game Flow
- Projected vs Actual Points
- Virginia Hams
- Gem City Maulers
Recaps impacted by a stat correction will be updated by Saturday.