Powered by Automated Insights Joe's Nifty Team Gets Victory Against DC Hurricanes, Moves Up to Third Place
- Joe's Nifty Team
- DC Hurricanes
Joe's Nifty Team (4-1, 531.74 points) got the win over DC Hurricanes (3-2, 534.44 points) 94.66 - 77.02, led by James Jones with 18.70 points and Aaron Rodgers who scored 15.76. Joe's Nifty Team took the early lead, up 55.56 - 38.90 after the first set of Sunday games. After the late Sunday games, they lost that lead and fell behind 67.32 - 55.56. Thanks to 14.10 points from Frank Gore, Sunday night ended with Joe's Nifty Team on top.
Smooth Moves by Joe's Nifty Team
- James Jones ranked seventh in the league in scoring among WRs this week with 18.70 points.
- Frank Gore had the fifth-highest score among RBs in the league this week with 14.10 points.
- The 11.10 points scored by Danny Woodhead was the 10th-highest score of any RB in the league this week.
- With only 3 of their 9 starters beating their projected points, Joe's Nifty Team was still able to win.
- Joe's Nifty Team saw both of their starting RBs top their projections.
Toyota Missed Opportunities by DC Hurricanes
- Left Philip Rivers on the bench, where he led the matchup in scoring with 21.44 points.
- Did not start Ray Rice, who scored 20.20 points and beat his projected point total by a team-leading 61.2%.
- Kenbrell Thompkins was last in the matchup in scoring and achieved only 14.6% of his projected point total, his lowest percentage of the season.
- With 9.82 points, Cam Newton had his lowest output of the season and tallied just 56.2% of his 17.48 projected points, his lowest percentage of the year.
- The 5.60 points scored by Trent Richardson was a season-low for both scoring and for his performance against projections. He reached only 45.9% of his 12.20 projected points this week.
- Joe's Nifty Team would be 3-2 if they played DC Hurricanes every week.
- Joe's Nifty Team would have beaten four other teams besides DC Hurricanes this week.
- Joe's Nifty Team would be 3-1 if they played the same schedule as DC Hurricanes.
- If Joe's Nifty Team had played every team in the league each week, they would be 27-18.
- Besides Joe's Nifty Team, DC Hurricanes would have been defeated by six other teams this week.
- Joe's Nifty Team would have lost to DC Hurricanes 148.74 - 93.10 had they played each other last week.
- If they played the same schedule as Joe's Nifty Team, DC Hurricanes would be 2-2.
- If they played every team every week, DC Hurricanes would be 24-21.
- The top players for Joe's Nifty Team were elite in the matchup, as three of their starters outperformed the leading scorer for DC Hurricanes.
- The 17.64-point win by Joe's Nifty Team beat the 7.20-point spread.
- The WRs on DC Hurricanes collectively had their worst week of the season with only 20.10 points.
- It was a season-low point total for DC Hurricanes.
- This is the biggest margin of defeat of the season for DC Hurricanes.
- Joe's Nifty Team was able to win despite putting up the smallest point total of any winning team in the league this week.
- Joe's Nifty Team won despite failing to reach their projected point total, improving to 1-1 when doing so. DC Hurricanes also failed to reach their point expectation and falls to 0-2 in such games.
- Tony Gonzalez put up the fifth-best TE score in the league with 9.70 points this week.
- Points by NFL Position
- Top Players by Points
- Game Flow
- Weekly Scoring Comparison
- Joe's Nifty Team
- DC Hurricanes
Recaps impacted by a stat correction will be updated by Saturday.