Powered by Automated Insights DC Hurricanes Handles Joe's Nifty Team, Notches Third in a Row
- DC Hurricanes
- Joe's Nifty Team
DC Hurricanes earned their third consecutive win when they crushed Joe's Nifty Team 77.40 - 51.06. They got a lift from DeMarco Murray, who led the team with 15.50 points and Cam Newton who got 15.20. The streak, which has been a windfall for DC Hurricanes, has allowed them to move up from eighth place in Week 12 to sixth place now. To make matters worse, Joe's Nifty Team got zero points from Denarius Moore. Joe's Nifty Team goes to 8-6 and slides to fifth place. DC Hurricanes has now beaten Tank's Team (70.16 - 69.38) and Hellraisers (114.82 - 109.48).
Smooth Moves by DC Hurricanes
- DC Hurricanes won despite having only 2 of their 9 starters exceed their projected points.
- DeMarco Murray scored 15.50 points, which ranked sixth out of all the RBs in the league this week.
- Tony Gonzalez had the fifth-highest TE score in the league this week with 8.50 points.
- Mason Crosby overachieved by 60.3%, scoring 11.00 points against a projected 6.86.
- DC Hurricanes won even though both of their RBs scored below their projected points.
Toyota Missed Opportunities by Joe's Nifty Team
- Missed out on an opportunity by leaving the 15.40 points scored by Danny Woodhead on the bench this week. He outperformed his projected point total by 104.1%, the eighth-highest percentage in the league.
- With 1.70 points, Adrian Peterson was last on the team in scoring and got only 10.9% of his 15.56 projected points, his lowest percentage of the season.
- DC Hurricanes won the K position battle, beating Joe's Nifty Team 11.00 - 3.00.
- The 3.00 points scored by Matt Bryant was a season-low for both scoring and for his performance against projections. He reached only 32.3% of his 9.29 projected points this week.
- 6 of the starters on Joe's Nifty Team scored less than their projected points.
- If DC Hurricanes played Joe's Nifty Team every week, they would be 8-6 this season.
- Besides Joe's Nifty Team, DC Hurricanes would have defeated four other teams this week.
- Had they played each other last week, DC Hurricanes would have defeated Joe's Nifty Team 114.82 - 74.78.
- If they played the same schedule as Joe's Nifty Team, DC Hurricanes would be 6-6.
- If DC Hurricanes had played every team in the league each week, they would be 60-66.
- Besides DC Hurricanes, Joe's Nifty Team would have been defeated by seven other teams this week.
- Joe's Nifty Team would be 6-6 if they played the same schedule as DC Hurricanes.
- If they played every team every week, Joe's Nifty Team would be 55-71.
- DC Hurricanes was able to cover the 19.24-point spread in the win.
- Joe's Nifty Team had 51.06 points, their season-low.
- DC Hurricanes had two starters score more points than the highest-scoring starter for Joe's Nifty Team.
- Zac Stacy did little to help DC Hurricanes, underperforming versus projections for the third straight game with 8.20 points against a projected 13.00.
- Joe's Nifty Team is now 1-4 in blowout games, including losses in their last three such contests.
- DC Hurricanes has now won three straight games.
- DC Hurricanes is now 4-1 in blowout games, including wins in their last two such contests.
- With 8.40 points, Joe's Nifty Team got the lowest combined scoring output from the WR position for any team this week.
- Points by NFL Position
- Top Players by Points
- Game Flow
- Weekly Scoring Comparison
- DC Hurricanes
- Joe's Nifty Team
Recaps impacted by a stat correction will be updated by Saturday.