Powered by Automated Insights The Comedian Wins Shocker Against Just The Tip., Moves Up to Second Place
- The Comedian
- Just The Tip...
The Comedian got 17.00 points from Ryan Mathews and 16.10 from Terrance Williams to beat Just The Tip. 81.50 - 77.10. They came into the matchup as a 17.93-point underdog. While each team failed to hit their projections, The Comedian scored 80.1% of a projected 101.75 points to get the win. Just The Tip., coming off a 141.68 - 124.92 win against Pats In The Cradle, saw their scoring shrink this week. The Comedian (6-1, 735.50 points) climbs into second place while Just The Tip. (4-3, 810.88 points) drops to fifth place.
Smooth Moves by The Comedian
- Benched the Indianapolis Colts Defense, which had the lowest DEF score on the team with 11.00 points.
- The 17.00 points scored by Ryan Mathews was the seventh-highest score of any RB in the league this week.
- The 16.10 points scored by Terrance Williams was the seventh-highest score by a WR in the league this week.
- The Comedian was still able to pull out a win with only 3 of their 9 starters exceeding their projected points.
Toyota Missed Opportunities by Just The Tip...
- Left Jermichael Finley on the bench, where he scored 15.70 points and surpassed his scoring projection by 52.0%, the highest percentage of any player on the team.
- Did not start Russell Wilson, who led the team in scoring with 20.30 points.
- Lost the matchup even though The Comedian had their lowest-scoring week of the season.
- Just The Tip. had 7 starters fail to reach their projections.
- The 5.00 points scored by the Chicago Bears Defense fell short of their 7.89-point projection, the fourth straight game where that has happened.
- The Comedian would be 3-4 if they played Just The Tip. every week.
- The Comedian would have beaten only two other teams besides Just The Tip. this week.
- The Comedian would be 2-4 if they played the same schedule as Just The Tip.
- The Comedian would be 43-34 if they played every team every week.
- Besides The Comedian, Just The Tip. would have been defeated by eight other teams this week.
- Had they played each other last week, The Comedian would have lost to Just The Tip. 141.68 - 90.14.
- If they played the same schedule as The Comedian, Just The Tip. would be 5-1.
- Just The Tip. would be 50-27 if they played every team every week.
- The Comedian has now scored below their projected points for the last five weeks.
- Doug Martin had a season-low 5.90 points against a projected 14.93 in the win and has now scored below his projection in six straight games.
- The 4.40-point margin of victory was the smallest in the league this week.
- Just The Tip. had their lowest output of the season with 77.10 points.
- Just The Tip. got their lowest combined scoring output from the WR position this season with only 23.70 points this week.
- Two of the starters for The Comedian scored higher than the leading scorer for Just The Tip.
- Just The Tip. falls to 0-2 and remains winless in upset games this season.
- The Comedian won despite failing to reach their projected point total, improving to 4-1 when doing so. Just The Tip. also failed to reach their point expectation and falls to 1-2 in such games.
- Points by NFL Position
- Top Players by Points
- Game Flow
- Weekly Scoring Comparison
- The Comedian
- Just The Tip...
Recaps impacted by a stat correction will be updated by Saturday.