Powered by Automated Insights Wilfork Island Narrowly Beats WilforkOnThe1stDate, Drops Them into Seventh Place
- Wilfork Island
Despite earning just the 10th-highest point total in the league this week, Wilfork Island (1-4, 459.16 points) found a way to sneak past WilforkOnThe1stDate, 83.48 - 82.80. Wilfork Island averages 91.83 points per matchup for the season, and came pretty close to that (90.9%) in this one. This was a frustrating one for WilforkOnThe1stDate (2-3, 528.68 points) to take, who in addition to losing, also ended up 11th in the league in points. Josh Gordon was the leading scorer for Wilfork Island this week with 16.60 points.
Smooth Moves by Wilfork Island
- The 12.20 points scored by Brent Celek, who Wilfork Island picked up this week, beat his projected point total of 6.05 by 101.7%.
- Josh Gordon led the team in scoring for the second time this season with 16.60 points.
- With 15.00 points, Steven Hauschka had his highest output of the season and beat his projected point total by 103.0%, which led the matchup.
- Even with only 3 of the 9 starters scoring more than their projection, Wilfork Island was still able to win.
- Wilfork Island got the win, overcoming both of their RBs underperforming versus their projections.
Toyota Missed Opportunities by WilforkOnThe1stDate
- Should have started Cam Newton, who underachieved, but still had more points than the starting QB with 9.82 against a projected 17.47.
- Should have started David Akers, who underachieved, but still had more points than the starting K with 5.00 against a projected 7.01.
- Jared Cook has scored below his projection in four straight games after scoring 4.10 points against a projected 7.88 this week.
- WilforkOnThe1stDate tried to fight through 2 of their 9 starters getting zeros, but could not overcome it.
- It was not a good week for WilforkOnThe1stDate at TE, where they were beaten 12.20 - 4.10.
- If Wilfork Island played WilforkOnThe1stDate every week, they would be 2-3 this season.
- Wilfork Island would have beaten only one other team besides WilforkOnThe1stDate this week.
- If they played the same schedule as WilforkOnThe1stDate, Wilfork Island would be 2-2.
- If Wilfork Island had played every team in the league each week, they would be 13-42.
- Besides Wilfork Island, WilforkOnThe1stDate would have been defeated by nine other teams this week.
- Had they played each other last week, Wilfork Island would have lost to WilforkOnThe1stDate 144.02 - 99.38.
- If they played the same schedule as Wilfork Island, WilforkOnThe1stDate would be 2-2.
- WilforkOnThe1stDate would be 25-30 if they played every team every week.
- Trent Richardson had a season-low 5.60 points against a projected 13.10 in the win and has now scored below his projection in every game this season.
- Wilfork Island won by scoring 83.48 points, the lowest winning score in the league this season.
- Wilfork Island underachieved for the fourth time this season, including the last three weeks in a row, scoring 83.48 points against a projected 99.40 this week.
- Wilfork Island won but failed to cover the 18.26-point spread, winning by 0.68 points.
- WilforkOnThe1stDate had 82.80 points, their season-low.
- Wilfork Island snapped their four-game losing streak with the win.
- The RBs on Wilfork Island collectively had their worst week of the season with only 8.70 points.
- Although Wilfork Island won, it was no thanks to Andy Dalton, who scored 9.98 points and has now scored below his projection in three straight weeks.
- Points by NFL Position
- Top Players by Points
- Game Flow
- Weekly Scoring Comparison
- Wilfork Island
Recaps impacted by a stat correction will be updated by Saturday.