Powered by Automated Insights The Path Algebra Surprises Michael's Team, Tacks On Third Straight Win
- The Path Algebra
- Michael's Team
The Path Algebra beat Michael's Team 96.52 - 88.56 for a second win in as many head-to-head matchups. Michael's Team is still a tough matchup for The Path Algebra, who has an average margin of victory of 5.28 points when they play. That's much smaller than their 18.52-point average margin of victory for the season. This week, Mike Wallace was the difference, putting up 18.70 points. That's even higher than Andy Dalton, who led all players with 14.70 points the last time these teams met. With Marshawn Lynch delivering zero points for The Path Algebra, the margin wasn't as big as it could have been. The Path Algebra beat Michael's Team 84.50 - 81.90 in Week 3 and now averages 90.51 points against them.
Smooth Moves by The Path Algebra
- The 16.00 points scored by Jimmy Graham was the highest TE score in the league this week.
- Mike Wallace scored 18.70 points, the third-highest WR score in the league this week.
- Blair Walsh had his highest output of the season with 15.00 points against a projected 7.72 and has now overachieved in three straight games.
- Jarrett Boykin had the ninth-highest score of any WR in the league this week with 12.00 points.
- 5 of the 9 starters on The Path Algebra exceeded their projected points.
Toyota Missed Opportunities by Michael's Team
- Had a chance to start the San Francisco 49ers Defense, which outdid their scoring projection of 7.44 points by scoring 13.00 points.
- With 2.10 points, Antonio Gates was last on the team in scoring and got only 27.4% of his 7.66 projected points, his lowest percentage of the season.
- Roddy White has scored below his projection in eight straight games after scoring 2.40 points against a projected 7.63 this week.
- It was not a good week for Michael's Team at TE, where they were beaten 16.00 - 2.10.
- The 5.20 points scored by Alfred Morris was a season-low for both scoring and for his performance against projections. He reached only 36.6% of his 14.22 projected points this week.
- If The Path Algebra played Michael's Team every week, they would be 8-4 this season.
- Besides Michael's Team, The Path Algebra would have defeated six other teams this week.
- The Path Algebra would be 8-2 if they played the same schedule as Michael's Team.
- If The Path Algebra had played every team in the league each week, they would be 61-47.
- Besides The Path Algebra, Michael's Team would have been defeated by three other teams this week.
- The Path Algebra would have lost to Michael's Team 108.34 - 74.10 had they played each other last week.
- Michael's Team would be 5-5 if they played the same schedule as The Path Algebra.
- If they played every team every week, Michael's Team would be 51-57.
- The margin of victory for the matchup ended up being the smallest in the league this week at 7.96 points.
- The 33.60 points by the WRs on The Path Algebra was the season-high for combined points from the position.
- Michael's Team had their eight-game win streak snapped in the loss.
- Although The Path Algebra won, it was no thanks to Frank Gore, who scored 3.40 points and has now scored below his projection in three straight weeks.
- Greg Jennings did little to help The Path Algebra, underperforming versus projections for the sixth straight game with 2.90 points against a projected 6.00.
- With the loss, Michael's Team is now 1-1 in upset games this season.
- The win was the third in a row for The Path Algebra.
- Michael's Team had their largest margin of defeat this season.
- Points by NFL Position
- Top Players by Points
- Game Flow
- Weekly Scoring Comparison
- The Path Algebra
- Michael's Team
Recaps impacted by a stat correction will be updated by Saturday.