Powered by Automated Insights Michael's Team Put the Stamp on The Oakleys, Tacks On Eighth Straight Win
- Michael's Team
- The Oakleys
Michael's Team beat The Oakleys 108.34 - 86.28 to remain undefeated against them in two matchups. They also earned a playoff berth in the process. Antonio Brown was the key player, putting up 25.90 points for Michael's Team. The last time these teams met, Randall Cobb led with 18.80. Adding insult to injury, The Oakleys got zero points from Jason Witten. This is the biggest win for Michael's Team in two head-to-head matchups. They defeated The Oakleys 92.20 - 85.48 in Week 2.
Smooth Moves by Michael's Team
- With 25.90 points, Antonio Brown ranked fifth in the league in scoring this week and had the fourth-highest score of any player on Michael's Team this season.
- Benched RB Trent Richardson, who scored fewer points than any RB in the starting lineup with 5.30.
- Put WR Darrius Heyward-Bey on the bench, where he scored 1.00 point, fewer than any WR in the starting lineup.
- Harry Douglas had the fifth-highest score of any WR in the league this week with 19.40 points.
- The 11.20 points scored by Antonio Gates was the third-highest point total among TEs in the league this week.
Toyota Missed Opportunities by The Oakleys
- Did not start Michael Floyd, who ranked sixth in the league in scoring and beat his scoring projection by 187.8%, the fourth-highest percentage in the league.
- Brandon Marshall was last on the team in scoring with 4.20 points, 36.9% of his projected 11.38, which is his lowest percentage of the season.
- The WR corps couldn't keep pace with their counterparts from Michael's Team and were outscored 52.90 - 17.70.
- It was a season-low scoring total for Jamaal Charles, who had 7.20 points. He had a projected total of 17.44 points and this week was the fourth straight game of underperformance versus his projection.
- Of the 9 starters on The Oakleys, 6 underperformed versus their projections.
- If Michael's Team played The Oakleys every week, they would be 4-7 this season.
- Michael's Team would have beaten seven other teams besides The Oakleys this week.
- Michael's Team would be 5-4 if they played the same schedule as The Oakleys.
- If Michael's Team had played every team in the league each week, they would be 46-53.
- The Oakleys would have lost to four other teams besides Michael's Team this week.
- Michael's Team would have lost to The Oakleys 76.24 - 75.26 had they played each other last week.
- If they played the same schedule as Michael's Team, The Oakleys would be 8-1.
- If they played every team every week, The Oakleys would be 58-41.
- All five of the losses for The Oakleys this season have come when their opponent scores higher than their season average.
- The Oakleys scored 86.28 points against a projected 87.16 and underachieved for the seventh time this season, including the last four weeks in a row.
- Michael's Team is on the longest active win streak in the league, winning eight straight games.
- The Oakleys got a combined 18.00 points from their RBs, their lowest combined scoring output from the RB position this season.
- Michael's Team got a combined 52.90 points from their WRs, their highest combined scoring output from the WR position this season.
- In the loss, the Cincinnati Bengals Defense scored 27.00 points, the second-highest DEF score in the league this season.
- Michael's Team overachieved in the win, improving to 3-0 when beating their projected points this season, while The Oakleys falls to 3-4 when scoring below their projected points.
- The margin of victory of 22.06 points was the second-highest margin in the league this week.
- Points by NFL Position
- Top Players by Points
- Game Flow
- Weekly Scoring Comparison
- Michael's Team
- The Oakleys
Recaps impacted by a stat correction will be updated by Saturday.