Powered by Automated Insights The Path Algebra Wins Comeback Nailbiter over Shrek, Claims Fifth Place
- The Path Algebra
The Path Algebra stole one from Shrek 74.10 - 71.70 for a second win in as many head-to-head matchups. Marshawn Lynch was a deciding factor, putting up 24.30 points this week, less than his 31.50 points the last time these teams met. The Path Algebra started one player with zero points while Shrek also served up one goose egg, meaning each team left something on the table. The Path Algebra won 128.08 - 79.18 in Week 2, and now has a 25.65-point average margin of victory over Shrek.
Smooth Moves by The Path Algebra
- Marshawn Lynch ranked eighth in the league in scoring with 24.30 points against a projected 14.72 and has now overachieved in three straight games.
- Even with a zero from starter Greg Jennings, The Path Algebra was still able to win.
- Even with only 3 of the 9 starters scoring more than their projection, The Path Algebra was still able to win.
- Jarrett Boykin exceeded scoring projections by 44.7%, with 9.10 points against a projected 6.29.
Toyota Missed Opportunities by Shrek
- Lost the matchup despite getting The Path Algebra on their lowest-scoring week of the season.
- The 6.50 points scored by Steven Jackson fell short of his 10.08-point projection, the fourth straight game where that has happened.
- The Path Algebra saw their RBs beat those on Shrek 29.90 - 10.00.
- 5 of the 9 starters scored less than their projected points.
- Left Owen Daniels in the starting lineup, where he didn't score any points.
- If The Path Algebra played Shrek every week, they would be 10-1 this season.
- Besides Shrek, The Path Algebra would have beaten only one other team this week.
- Had they played each other last week, The Path Algebra would have defeated Shrek 95.48 - 68.98.
- The Path Algebra would be 4-5 if they played the same schedule as Shrek.
- The Path Algebra would be 54-45 if they played every team every week.
- Shrek would have been beaten by every other team in the league this week.
- Shrek would be 1-8 if they played the same schedule as The Path Algebra.
- If they played every team every week, Shrek would be 16-83.
- Shrek was last in the league in scoring for the fifth time this season.
- Shrek has the longest current losing streak in the league, having lost seven straight games.
- At 2.40 points, the margin of victory was the tightest of the week.
- Despite being on the winning team, Mike Wallace scored 3.90 points against a projected 8.94 and has now underachieved in five straight games.
- The WRs from The Path Algebra scored the fewest points of any team in the league this week, with only 13.00 points.
- The Path Algebra stays undefeated in close games this season at 2-0.
- The Path Algebra won even though Shrek performed better against their scoring projection. Shrek scored 90.3% of their 79.38 projected points, while The Path Algebra recorded 75.9% of their 97.69-point projection.
- Shrek remains winless in close games this season, falling to 0-2.
- Points by NFL Position
- Top Players by Points
- Game Flow
- Weekly Scoring Comparison
- The Path Algebra
Recaps impacted by a stat correction will be updated by Saturday.