Powered by Automated Insights Metal Pulls Off Comeback over Smooth Kriminals, Tacks On Fifth Consecutive Win
- Smooth Kriminals
Metal (6-3, 1,778.88 points) found a way to slip by Smooth Kriminals, 131.20 - 129.74, despite finishing with just the 11th-highest point total in the league this week. Metal got quite lucky, winning while putting up just 66.4% of their 197.65-point season average. This is the second lucky win for Metal this season, who defeated The LyKAns 140.18 - 113.92 in Week 5. Luck hasn't always been their thing. They've also had one tough loss this season, losing even though they scored near the top of the league in points. It was a frustrating outing for Smooth Kriminals, who fell to 4-5 (1,619.58 points) after coming up dead last in points.
Smooth Moves by Metal
- With 49.72 points against a projected 22.41, Andy Dalton ranked 10th in the league in scoring and has now overachieved in four straight games.
- Metal was still able to pull out a win with only 3 of their 15 starters exceeding their projected points.
- Golden Tate scored 21.30 points, the eighth-highest WR score in the league this week.
- Even with six starters scoring zero points, Metal was still able to win.
- The Chicago Bears Defense exceeded scoring projections by 33.3%, with 8.00 points against a projected 6.00.
Toyota Missed Opportunities by Smooth Kriminals
- Lost to Metal, which had their lowest-scoring week of the season.
- Ray Rice scored 3.80 points against a projected 14.25 and has now underachieved in three straight games.
- The 1.70 points scored by Vincent Brown fell short of his 6.89-point projection, the third straight game where that has happened.
- BenJarvus Green-Ellis has scored below his projection in four straight games after scoring 7.20 points against a projected 9.13 this week.
- Smooth Kriminals was faced with 4 starters coming up empty in points.
- Metal would be 6-3 if they played Smooth Kriminals every week.
- Metal would not have beaten any other team in the league besides Smooth Kriminals this week.
- Metal would have defeated Smooth Kriminals 224.76 - 135.72 had they played each other last week.
- Metal would be 6-2 if they played the same schedule as Smooth Kriminals.
- If Metal had played every team in the league each week, they would be 56-43.
- Smooth Kriminals would have been beaten by every other team in the league this week.
- If they played the same schedule as Metal, Smooth Kriminals would be 4-4.
- If they played every team every week, Smooth Kriminals would be 41-58.
- The bottom two scoring teams in the league this week were in this matchup.
- It was the second time this season that Smooth Kriminals has had the lowest score in the league.
- Metal won by scoring 131.20 points, the lowest winning score in the league this season.
- Metal has won five straight games, the longest current winning streak in the league.
- Metal beat their scoring projection for the eighth time this season by scoring 131.20 points against a projected 115.24. They have now overachieved four weeks in a row.
- The 5.30 total points by the RBs on Metal was their smallest RB output this season.
- The margin of victory for the matchup ended up being the smallest in the league this week at 1.46 points.
- Emmanuel Sanders scored 13.60 points against a projected 6.54 in the loss and has now beaten his projection in four straight games.
- Points by NFL Position
- Top Players by Points
- Game Flow
- Weekly Scoring Comparison
- Smooth Kriminals
Recaps impacted by a stat correction will be updated by Saturday.