Powered by Automated Insights 2 CHAINS Brings Down MAD MEN for Third in a Row
- 2 CHAINS
- MAD MEN
2 CHAINS stays unbeaten in two matchups against MAD MEN with a 147.40 - 133.80 win. Drew Brees was a deciding factor, grabbing 31.30 points this week, a drop-off from his 47.20 points the last time these teams met. MAD MEN isn't an easy win for 2 CHAINS, who has an 11.90-point average margin of victory against them. It's much smaller than their 34.21-point average margin of victory on the season. 2 CHAINS beat MAD MEN 124.90 - 114.70 in Week 3 and now averages 136.15 points against them.
Smooth Moves by 2 CHAINS
- With 31.30 points, Drew Brees ranked ninth in the league in scoring.
- The 25.70 points scored by Brandon Marshall was the third-highest score by a WR in the league this week.
- With 19.50 points, Rob Gronkowski ranked second in the league this week in scoring among TEs.
- Danny Trevathan scored 14.50 points against a projected 8.11 and has now overachieved in three straight games.
- Harry Douglas exceeded scoring projections by 41.9%, with 14.40 points against a projected 10.15.
Toyota Missed Opportunities by MAD MEN
- Did not start Mike Wallace, who scored 27.20 points, surpassing his projected points by 165.6%, the seventh-highest percentage in the league.
- Should have started Matt Prater, who underachieved, but still had more points than the starting K with 7.00 against a projected 7.90.
- With 1.50 points against a projected 6.80, Terrance Williams was last on the team in scoring and has now scored below his projection in three straight games.
- Lawrence Timmons, who MAD MEN picked up this week, scored below his 10.19-point projection with 6.00 points.
- Tony Gonzalez scored 6.30 points against a projected 12.26 and has now underachieved in three straight games.
- 2 CHAINS would be 7-5 if they played MAD MEN every week.
- Besides MAD MEN, 2 CHAINS would have defeated six other teams this week.
- Had they played each other last week, 2 CHAINS would have defeated MAD MEN 145.45 - 132.55.
- If they played the same schedule as MAD MEN, 2 CHAINS would be 7-3.
- If 2 CHAINS had played every team in the league each week, they would be 66-42.
- Besides 2 CHAINS, MAD MEN would have been defeated by four other teams this week.
- MAD MEN would be 6-4 if they played the same schedule as 2 CHAINS.
- MAD MEN would be 65-43 if they played every team every week.
- Even though MAD MEN lost, they had two players score higher than the leading scorer for 2 CHAINS.
- 2 CHAINS has won three straight games, the longest current winning streak in the league.
- 2 CHAINS did not cover the 17.35-point spread, winning by 13.60 points.
- Daryl Washington did little to help 2 CHAINS, underperforming versus projections for the third straight game with 1.50 points against a projected 8.98.
- 2 CHAINS won even though MAD MEN performed better against their scoring projection. MAD MEN scored 98.8% of their 135.42 projected points, while 2 CHAINS recorded 96.5% of their 152.77-point projection.
- In the loss, Knowshon Moreno scored 35.50 points, the fourth-highest RB score in the league this season.
- 2 CHAINS is now 3-1 when failing to reach their projection and MAD MEN falls to 1-3 when scoring below their projected total.
- Carson Palmer performed well in the loss, ranking sixth in the league in scoring with 33.70 points.
- Points by NFL Position
- Top Players by Points
- Game Flow
- Weekly Scoring Comparison
- 2 CHAINS
- MAD MEN
Recaps impacted by a stat correction will be updated by Saturday.