Powered by Automated Insights Championz Gets Comeback Shocker over Steven's Pimp Squad to Capture Sixth Place
- Steven's Pimp Squad
Championz got 26.90 points from Tony Gonzalez and 17.00 from the Seattle Seahawks Defense to defeat Steven's Pimp Squad 92.42 - 83.18. Championz came into the Sunday night game facing a 25.56-point deficit, but scored 34.80, picking up an unlikely win as a 14.75-point underdog. Championz beat expectations and scored 11.3% more points than projected (83.05). Steven's Pimp Squad scored only 85.1% of a projected 97.80 points. Dez Bryant led Steven's Pimp Squad with 20.10 points while Matt Forte racked up 17.70. To make matters worse, Steven's Pimp Squad got zero points from Rob Gronkowski. Championz (2-2, 373.20 points) climbs into sixth place and Steven's Pimp Squad (2-2, 355.74 points) drops to seventh place.
Smooth Moves by Championz
- Tony Gonzalez brought in 26.90 points, which was good enough to rank fourth in the league in scoring this week and third-best of any player on Championz this season.
- Matt Prater has now overachieved in three straight games after scoring 12.00 points against a projected 4.92.
- The Seattle Seahawks Defense overachieved by 64.0%, scoring 17.00 points against a projected 10.37.
- Even with only 4 of the 9 starters scoring more than their projection, Championz was still able to win.
- Both of the RBs came in below their expected points and it was still a win for Championz.
Toyota Missed Opportunities by Steven's Pimp Squad
- Should have started Tony Romo, who underachieved, but still had more points than the starting QB with 19.26 against a projected 19.32.
- Should have started the Baltimore Ravens Defense, which underachieved, but still had more points than the starting DEF with 8.00 against a projected 9.90.
- Steven's Pimp Squad picked up Willis McGahee, who then fell short of his 7.90-point projection by scoring 4.60 points.
- Colin Kaepernick scored 13.78 points against a projected 19.53 and has now underachieved in three straight games.
- Phil Dawson has now failed to reach his projection for three straight games. This week he scored 5.00 points versus a projected 9.15.
- If Championz played Steven's Pimp Squad every week, they would be 3-1 this season.
- Besides Steven's Pimp Squad, Championz would have defeated three other teams this week.
- Championz would have defeated Steven's Pimp Squad 77.66 - 73.50 had they played each other last week.
- Championz would be 3-0 if they played the same schedule as Steven's Pimp Squad.
- Championz would be 17-19 if they played every team every week.
- Besides Championz, Steven's Pimp Squad would have been defeated by six other teams this week.
- If they played the same schedule as Championz, Steven's Pimp Squad would be 1-2.
- Steven's Pimp Squad would be 13-23 if they played every team every week.
- The margin of victory for the matchup ended up being the smallest in the league this week at 9.24 points.
- Championz got their lowest combined scoring output from the RB position this season with only 10.10 points this week.
- Despite being on the winning team, A.J. Green scored 5.10 points against a projected 11.54 and has now underachieved in three straight games.
- Hakeem Nicks did little to help Championz, underperforming versus projections for the third straight game with 3.30 points against a projected 8.43.
- This is the biggest margin of defeat of the season for Steven's Pimp Squad.
- Championz was able to win despite putting up the smallest point total of any winning team in the league this week.
- Championz outdid their projection in the win, while Steven's Pimp Squad came in under their point expectation. Championz is now 2-1 when overachieving, while Steven's Pimp Squad falls to 1-2 when failing to reach their projection.
- Steven's Pimp Squad scored 83.18 points, ranking them eighth in the league in scoring.
- Points by NFL Position
- Top Players by Points
- Game Flow
- Weekly Scoring Comparison
- Steven's Pimp Squad
Recaps impacted by a stat correction will be updated by Saturday.