Powered by Automated Insights PoundTown Surprises Nomads, Knocks Them Back into Sixth Place
PoundTown (5-4, 886.86 points) accumulated the highest score they've earned all season to beat Nomads (5-4, 936.54 points) 116.90 - 82.58. PoundTown scored first and went into Sunday in front 1.40 - 0. That advantage disappeared by the end of the early Sunday games and they trailed by 34.08. PoundTown took the lead back during the late Sunday games and held on for the victory.
Smooth Moves by PoundTown
- The 30.10 points scored by T.Y. Hilton was the second-highest WR score in the league this week and the fifth-best point total by a WR in the league this season.
- Ben Roethlisberger brought in 35.90 points, which was good enough to rank third in the league in scoring this week and second-best of any player on PoundTown this season.
- Garrett Hartley, who was picked up by PoundTown, scored 11.00 points against a projected 8.06, topping his projection by 36.5%.
- With 9.70 points, Mike Tolbert, who PoundTown picked up this week, beat his 5.81-point projection by 67.0%.
- The 13.90 points by Le'Veon Bell topped a projected 9.76, extending his overachievement streak to three weeks.
Toyota Missed Opportunities by Nomads
- Missed an opportunity by leaving Andrew Luck on the bench. He scored 30.84 points, the fourth-highest score in the league this week.
- Acquired and benched Aaron Dobson, who scored 25.00 points and beat his projected point total by 329.6%, the second-highest percentage in the league.
- Picked up the Indianapolis Colts Defense, which was last in the matchup in scoring with 1.00 point, just 12.4% of their scoring projection, which was the lowest percentage in the league.
- Nomads had 7 starters fail to reach their projections.
- With 3.80 points against a projected 12.82, Ray Rice did not meet his projection for the third straight game.
- If PoundTown played Nomads every week, they would be 3-6 this season.
- PoundTown would have beaten six other teams besides Nomads this week.
- PoundTown would be 3-5 if they played the same schedule as Nomads.
- PoundTown would be 35-46 if they played every team every week.
- Besides PoundTown, Nomads would have been defeated by five other teams this week.
- PoundTown would have lost to Nomads 124.94 - 102.86 had they played each other last week.
- If they played the same schedule as PoundTown, Nomads would be 5-3.
- Nomads would be 49-32 if they played every team every week.
- Jamaal Charles had a season-low 9.60 points against a projected 18.16 in the win and has now scored below his projection in three straight games.
- PoundTown had their highest score of the season with 116.90 points.
- The WRs on Nomads collectively had their worst week of the season with only 13.10 points.
- PoundTown beat Nomads at the top, with two of their starters outscoring the leading point-getter for Nomads.
- With the loss, Nomads is now 1-1 in upset games this season.
- The draft continues to pay off for PoundTown, which got 76.6% of their points from players they drafted.
- Nick Folk scored 15.00 points, the fifth-highest K score in the league this season, but it was not enough to tip the scales in favor of Nomads.
- PoundTown overachieved and improves to 1-2 when doing so, while Nomads fell short of their projection. They are now 1-2 when scoring less than expected.
- Points by NFL Position
- Top Players by Points
- Game Flow
- Weekly Scoring Comparison
Recaps impacted by a stat correction will be updated by Saturday.