Powered by Automated Insights Suck it Trebek Comes Back to Edge PoundTown, Remains Undefeated Against Them
- Suck it Trebek
Suck it Trebek snuck past PoundTown 106.62 - 102.08 for a second close win in as many matchups. PoundTown is still a tough matchup for Suck it Trebek, who has an average margin of victory of 4.61 points when they play. That's thinner than their 25.37-point average margin of victory for the season. This week, Knowshon Moreno was the difference, grabbing 29.00 points. That's a downgrade, however, from Drew Brees, who led all players with 38.78 points the last time these teams met. Suck it Trebek is averaging 101.50 points against PoundTown and beat them 96.38 - 91.70 in Week 3.
Smooth Moves by Suck it Trebek
- Knowshon Moreno had 29.00 points, the highest RB score of the week and the fourth-highest RB score in the league this season.
- Zac Stacy scored 15.70 points, which ranked eighth out of all the RBs in the league this week.
- The San Francisco 49ers Defense scored 13.00 points against a projected 7.25 and has now overachieved in three straight games.
- Stephen Gostkowski has now overachieved in six straight games after scoring 10.00 points against a projected 7.46.
- Suck it Trebek won despite having only 3 of their 9 starters exceed their projected points.
Toyota Missed Opportunities by PoundTown
- Left Colin Kaepernick on the bench, where he ranked fourth in the league in scoring with 29.40 points.
- Eric Decker has now underachieved in four straight games after scoring a matchup-low 0.50 points against a projected 11.01.
- Wes Welker scored 3.10 points against a projected 12.84 and has now underachieved in three straight games.
- The WRs on PoundTown let them down, resulting in a 10.90 - 3.60 difference at the position.
- Of the 9 starters on PoundTown, 6 underperformed versus their projections.
- If Suck it Trebek played PoundTown every week, they would be 8-4 this season.
- Besides PoundTown, Suck it Trebek would have defeated seven other teams this week.
- Suck it Trebek would be 8-2 if they played the same schedule as PoundTown.
- Suck it Trebek would be 61-47 if they played every team every week.
- In addition to Suck it Trebek, PoundTown would have lost to just two other teams this week.
- Had they played each other last week, Suck it Trebek would have lost to PoundTown 109.18 - 86.30.
- PoundTown would be 4-6 if they played the same schedule as Suck it Trebek.
- If they played every team every week, PoundTown would be 50-58.
- Suck it Trebek has won three times this year when their opponent scored higher than their season average.
- Luck has not been with PoundTown, as three of their six losses have come when their opponent scores higher than their season average.
- Suck it Trebek scored 106.62 points against a projected 114.91 and underachieved for the eighth time this season, including the last five weeks in a row.
- The 4.54-point margin of victory was the smallest in the league this week.
- The 57.90 points by the RBs on PoundTown was the season-high for combined points from the position.
- The win by Suck it Trebek snapped a three-game losing streak.
- Frank Gore scored 3.40 points against a projected 14.69 in the win, and has now scored below his projection in three straight games.
- PoundTown remains winless in close games this season, falling to 0-2.
- Points by NFL Position
- Top Players by Points
- Game Flow
- Weekly Scoring Comparison
- Suck it Trebek
Recaps impacted by a stat correction will be updated by Saturday.