Powered by Automated Insights Vag Destroyer Puts the Kibosh on Salted Snails, Hole Gets Bigger
- Vag Destroyer
- Salted Snails
Vag Destroyer got two huge performances this week from Victor Cruz with 27.40 points and Arian Foster with 26.10, as they beat Salted Snails, 128.78 - 108.64. Salted Snails is watching the season slip away and is winless. Salted Snails gave it a good shot with an improvement in scoring compared to last week's 84.64 - 84.14 loss against GettheFunkoutmyFace!. The margin could have been larger, Vag Destroyer had three starters score zero points. Vag Destroyer (3-1, 497.70 points) remains in fourth place and Salted Snails (0-4, 402.40 points) stays in the cellar.
Smooth Moves by Vag Destroyer
- Arian Foster had 26.10 points, the second-highest RB score of the week and the seventh-highest RB score in the league this season.
- The 25.08 points scored by Peyton Manning was the second-highest QB score of the week and is the 10th-highest QB score in the league this season.
- Victor Cruz had 27.40 points, the highest WR score of the week and the eighth-highest WR score in the league this season.
- With 23.10 points, Danny Woodhead ranked fifth in scoring among all RBs in the league this week.
- Vag Destroyer won despite having 3 of their 11 starters score zero points.
Toyota Missed Opportunities by Salted Snails
- Did not start Stevan Ridley, who underachieved but still scored more than any RB on the team with 8.90 points against a projected 9.56.
- Picked up and started Rob Ninkovich, who scored a team-worst 13.7% of his projected point total for 1.00 point, which was also last on the team.
- C.J. Spiller has scored below his projection in every game this season after scoring 7.70 points against a projected 12.94 this week.
- The RBs on Salted Snails let them down, getting outgunned by the RBs on Vag Destroyer 49.20 - 13.90.
- Phil Dawson has scored below his projection in three straight games after scoring 5.00 points against a projected 9.09 this week.
- If Vag Destroyer played Salted Snails every week, they would be 4-0 this season.
- Vag Destroyer would have beaten four other teams besides Salted Snails this week.
- Had they played each other last week, Vag Destroyer would have defeated Salted Snails 89.46 - 84.14.
- Vag Destroyer would be 2-1 if they played the same schedule as Salted Snails.
- If Vag Destroyer had played every team in the league each week, they would be 20-16.
- Besides Vag Destroyer, Salted Snails would have been defeated by seven other teams this week.
- Salted Snails would be 1-2 if they played the same schedule as Vag Destroyer.
- If they played every team every week, Salted Snails would be 4-32.
- The top players for Vag Destroyer were elite in the matchup, as three of their starters outperformed the leading scorer for Salted Snails.
- Salted Snails scored 108.64 points against a projected 118.75 and has underachieved every week this season.
- Vincent Jackson had a season-low 4.70 points against a projected 9.55 in the win and has now scored below his projection in three straight games.
- The 43.90 points by the WRs on Salted Snails was the season-high for combined points from the position.
- Vag Destroyer got a combined 49.20 points from their RBs, their highest combined scoring output from the RB position this season.
- Salted Snails is in last place in the standings, the third week that they have found themselves there this season.
- Vag Destroyer overachieved in the win, improving to 3-0 when beating their projected points this season, while Salted Snails falls to 0-4 when scoring below their projected points.
- Salted Snails ranked ninth in the league in scoring this week.
- Points by NFL Position
- Top Players by Points
- Game Flow
- Weekly Scoring Comparison
- Vag Destroyer
- Salted Snails
Recaps impacted by a stat correction will be updated by Saturday.