Powered by Automated Insights Evil Shinannigans Snatches One from Californication
- Evil Shinannigans
Evil Shinannigans got the highest score of the week from Peyton Manning (60.28) and erased a 10.94-point deficit on Sunday night to beat Californication 136.68 - 121.02. Evil Shinannigans hit their projections and put up 9.7% more than their projected 124.65 points, while Californication fell just short of projections and got 95.2% of a projected 127.15. Californication was led by Victor Cruz with 34.80 points and Reggie Wayne who scored 23.60. The result might have been even worse, Evil Shinannigans had a starter score zero points (Zach Sudfeld). Evil Shinannigans (1-0) starts off the campaign in fifth place while Californication (0-1) opens in ninth place.
Smooth Moves by Evil Shinannigans
- Peyton Manning led the league in scoring with 60.28 points.
- Andre Johnson had the sixth-highest score of any WR in the league this week with 26.60 points.
- Danny Amendola exceeded scoring projections by 24.8%, with 20.40 points against a projected 16.35.
- Even with a zero from starter Zach Sudfeld, Evil Shinannigans was still able to win.
- Even with only 3 of the 9 starters scoring more than their projection, Evil Shinannigans was still able to win.
Toyota Missed Opportunities by Californication
- Missed an opportunity by leaving Eli Manning on the bench. He scored 39.80 points, the second-highest score in the league this week.
- Californication needed more points from the QB position, where Evil Shinannigans beat them 60.28 - 20.12.
- The RBs on Californication let them down, getting outgunned by the RBs on Evil Shinannigans 21.90 - 10.50.
- 6 of the 9 starters scored less than their projected points.
- With 8.50 points versus a projected 17.85, C.J. Spiller scored only 47.6% of his projected point total.
- Besides Californication, Evil Shinannigans would have defeated four other teams this week.
- If Evil Shinannigans had scored 40.65 more points, they would have beaten all teams in the league this week.
- Besides Evil Shinannigans, Californication would have been defeated by six other teams this week.
- If Californication had scored 48.97 fewer points, they would have lost to all teams in the league this week.
- The margin of victory of 15.66 points was the smallest in the league this week.
- Californication got the best total score from their WRs of any team this week with 76.20 points.
- Victor Cruz performed well in the loss, ranking sixth in the league in scoring with 34.80 points.
- Although Californication lost, Reggie Wayne played well, bringing in 67.3% more points than was projected (23.60 points against a projected 14.11).
- Despite being on the winning team, Mike Wallace scored only 2.50 points against his projected 11.54.
- Evil Shinannigans exceeded their scoring expectations while Californication failed to meet their projection.
- Points by NFL Position
- Top Players by Points
- Game Flow
- Projected vs Actual Points
- Evil Shinannigans
Recaps impacted by a stat correction will be updated by Saturday.