Powered by Automated Insights Vinegaroons Beats Wackos, Tacks On Third Straight Win
Vinegaroons earned their third win in a row when they defeated Wackos 82.89 - 59.01. They got a lift from Chris Johnson, who led the team with 17.20 points. They also clinched a playoff spot. The streak is due in part to Vinegaroons having the fourth-highest scoring output in the league at 98.32 points per matchup. Wackos goes to 4-7 and falls to 12th place. Vinegaroons is in third place, having now knocked over Perpetual Shitshow (123.66 - 51.43) and Fighting Pike (99.68 - 77.97).
Smooth Moves by Vinegaroons
- Chris Johnson had 17.20 points, the sixth-highest score among RBs in the league this week.
- By scoring 12.00 points, Robbie Gould beat his 7.31 projected points by 64.2%.
- Vinegaroons won despite having only 3 of their 9 starters exceed their projected points.
- Vinegaroons won even though all three of their WRs scored below their projected points.
Toyota Missed Opportunities by Wackos
- Wackos had 8 of their 9 starters score less than their projected points.
- DeAndre Hopkins was last on the team in scoring with 1.35 points, 13.1% of his projected 10.32, which is his lowest percentage of the season.
- The 4.75 points scored by James Jones fell short of his 7.86-point projection, the fourth straight game where that has happened.
- With 5.89 points, Darren Sproles scored only 50.0% of his 11.79 projected point total.
- All three of the starting RBs scored below their projected points.
- Vinegaroons would be 9-2 if they played Wackos every week.
- Besides Wackos, Vinegaroons would have beaten only two other teams this week.
- Vinegaroons would have defeated Wackos 99.68 - 79.26 had they played each other last week.
- If they played the same schedule as Wackos, Vinegaroons would be 5-5.
- If Vinegaroons had played every team in the league each week, they would be 78-65.
- Wackos would have been beaten by every other team in the league this week.
- If they played the same schedule as Vinegaroons, Wackos would be 7-3.
- Wackos would be 47-96 if they played every team every week.
- Vinegaroons had three starters who scored more points than the highest-scoring starter for Wackos.
- Wackos was last in the league in scoring for the first time this season.
- Despite being on the winning team, Fred Jackson had a season-low 3.95 points against a projected 9.54 and has now underachieved in four straight games.
- Wackos got their lowest combined scoring output from the WR position this season with only 6.10 points this week.
- Vinegaroons has now won three straight games.
- Vinegaroons won while scoring the fewest total points of any winning team in the league this week.
- The margin of victory of 23.88 points was the second-highest margin in the league this week.
- Vinegaroons underachieved in the win, improving to 5-2 when failing to reach their projected points this season, while Wackos falls to 2-6 when scoring below their projected points.
- Points by NFL Position
- Top Players by Points
- Game Flow
- Weekly Scoring Comparison
Recaps impacted by a stat correction will be updated by Saturday.