Powered by Automated Insights Sunday morning wood Gets Win Against AJ, Climbs to Seventh Place
- Sunday morning wood
Even though they scored just the seventh-highest point total in the league this week, Sunday morning wood (4-8, 1,618.56 points) found a way to get past AJ, 118.56 - 109.52. Sunday morning wood averages 134.88 points per matchup this season, and got 87.9% of that in this one. It was a difficult outing for AJ, who fell to 4-8 (1,592.48 points) after coming up dead last in points. Ryan Fitzpatrick (30.40 points) was the leading scorer for Sunday morning wood, posting the seventh-highest total in the league this week.
Smooth Moves by Sunday morning wood
- Snatched up Ryan Fitzpatrick, who ranked seventh in the league in scoring with 30.40 points.
- Benched RB Stevan Ridley, who scored fewer points than any RB in the starting lineup with -0.60.
- With 13.00 points versus a projected 9.65, the New Orleans Saints Defense exceeded their scoring projection by 34.7%.
- Sunday morning wood won despite having only 4 of their 9 starters exceed their projected points.
- Both of the starting QBs scored above their projected points.
Toyota Missed Opportunities by AJ
- Made a mistake in not starting Philip Rivers, who ranked second in the league in scoring and topped his scoring projection by 125.6%, the third-highest percentage in the league.
- Picked up and started Robbie Gould, who then scored below his 6.92-point projection with 3.00 points.
- The Indianapolis Colts Defense scored 4.00 points against a projected 8.04 and has now underachieved in three straight games.
- At the QB position, AJ got outscored 52.46 - 23.92 by Sunday morning wood.
- At the DEF position, AJ got outscored 13.00 - 4.00 by Sunday morning wood.
- Sunday morning wood would be 7-5 if they played AJ every week.
- Sunday morning wood would not have beaten any other team in the league besides AJ this week.
- Sunday morning wood would be 5-5 if they played the same schedule as AJ.
- Sunday morning wood would be 32-52 if they played every team every week.
- AJ would have been beaten by every other team in the league this week.
- Had they played each other last week, Sunday morning wood would have lost to AJ 127.92 - 123.38.
- If they played the same schedule as Sunday morning wood, AJ would be 1-9.
- AJ would be 26-58 if they played every team every week.
- This matchup featured the two lowest-scoring teams in the league this week.
- Sunday morning wood underachieved for the eighth time this season, including the last three weeks in a row, scoring 118.56 points against a projected 129.92 this week.
- AJ had the league's lowest score of the week for the third time this season.
- Sunday morning wood won by scoring 118.56 points, their lowest winning score of the season.
- The 48.60 points by the RBs on AJ was the season-high for combined points from the position.
- Sunday morning wood got a combined 52.46 points from their QBs, the highest combined scoring output from the QB position for any team this week.
- The loss was a familiar refrain for AJ, as they have now dropped three in a row.
- Knowshon Moreno scored 33.00 points, the seventh-highest RB score in the league this season, but it was not enough to get a win for AJ.
- Points by NFL Position
- Top Players by Points
- Game Flow
- Weekly Scoring Comparison
- Sunday morning wood
Recaps impacted by a stat correction will be updated by Saturday.