Powered by Automated Insights Steel Thingies Blows Up Bombay Sapphire, Streak Climbs to Five
- Steel Thingies
- Bombay Sapphire
Steel Thingies remains undefeated in two matchups against Bombay Sapphire and they make a statement this go-round, with a 230.80 - 140.82 beating. Matthew Stafford put up 48.23 points and was the leading scorer for Steel Thingies. It was about the same output as his 49.19 points in the last matchup with Bombay Sapphire. Adding insult to injury, Bombay Sapphire had several starters score zero points. Steel Thingies won 249.45 - 199.83 in Week 2, and now has a 69.80-point average margin of victory over Bombay Sapphire.
Smooth Moves by Steel Thingies
- With 18.00 points, the Carolina Panthers Defense was the highest-scoring DEF of the week.
- Matthew Stafford put up 48.23 points, which was the 10th-highest score in the league this week.
- Made the right move in benching T.Y. Hilton, who had 5.57 points, the lowest total of any starting WR on Steel Thingies.
- Corey Graham, who was picked up by Steel Thingies, scored 7.50 points against a projected 5.45, topping his projection by 37.6%.
- Karlos Dansby has now overachieved in three straight games after scoring 17.00 points against a projected 9.42.
Toyota Missed Opportunities by Bombay Sapphire
- Roddy White, who was left on the bench, exceeded his 7.51-point projection with 14.53 points.
- Left Eli Manning on the bench, where he led the team in scoring with 25.90 points.
- 3 of the 18 starters scored zero points for Bombay Sapphire.
- At the QB position, Bombay Sapphire got outscored 48.23 - 21.81 by Steel Thingies.
- It was a bad week at RB for Bombay Sapphire, who was outscored at the position 42.24 - 16.94 by Steel Thingies.
- Steel Thingies would be 10-3 if they played Bombay Sapphire every week.
- Besides Bombay Sapphire, Steel Thingies would have defeated eight other teams this week.
- Had they played each other last week, Steel Thingies would have defeated Bombay Sapphire 215.38 - 118.08.
- If they played the same schedule as Bombay Sapphire, Steel Thingies would be 11-0.
- If Steel Thingies had played every team in the league each week, they would be 110-33.
- Bombay Sapphire would have been beaten by every other team in the league this week.
- If they played the same schedule as Steel Thingies, Bombay Sapphire would be 3-8.
- If they played every team every week, Bombay Sapphire would be 41-102.
- Bombay Sapphire has lost 10 times and four of them have come to teams who beat their scoring average in that matchup.
- This was the first time this season that Bombay Sapphire lost by the week's biggest margin.
- With the win, Steel Thingies has a five-game win streak, currently the longest in the league.
- Steel Thingies had the week's largest margin of victory (89.98 points) for the third time this season.
- Bombay Sapphire was last in the league in scoring for the third time this season.
- Despite being on the winning team, Pierre Thomas had a season-low 5.40 points against a projected 14.31 and has now underachieved in three straight games.
- The Seattle Seahawks Defense scored 15.00 points against a projected 11.12 in the loss and has now beaten their projection in three straight games.
- With 16.94 points, Bombay Sapphire got the lowest combined scoring output from the RB position for any team this week.
- Points by NFL Position
- Top Players by Points
- Game Flow
- Weekly Scoring Comparison
- Steel Thingies
- Bombay Sapphire
Recaps impacted by a stat correction will be updated by Saturday.