Powered by Automated Insights GMEN Brings Down BIG BLUE, Ousts Them from First Place
- BIG BLUE
GMEN (sixth place, 2-4, 541.58 points) drops BIG BLUE (4-2, 651.26 points) out of the top spot after beating them 92.28 - 79.90. Cam Newton got the highest player point total in the league this week with 30.68 points. This win was revenge for a Week 1 135.78 - 131.30 close loss to BIG BLUE. BIG BLUE was led by Marshawn Lynch with 27.50 points and Larry Fitzgerald who scored 16.10. Each team left something on the table as GMEN had one starter turn in zero points and BIG BLUE had three.
Smooth Moves by GMEN
- Cam Newton scored the most points of any player on GMEN this season with 30.68.
- A.J. Green scored 16.30 points, the fifth-highest WR score in the league this week.
- The 13.00 points were a season-high for Phil Dawson. The score beat his 8.06-point projection by 61.4%, which also was a season-high.
- Even with a zero from starter Tony Gonzalez, GMEN was still able to win.
- Even with only 3 of the 9 starters scoring more than their projection, GMEN was still able to win.
Toyota Missed Opportunities by BIG BLUE
- Left the St. Louis Rams Defense on the bench, where they exceeded their scoring projection by a league-leading 351.7%.
- Should have started Robert Griffin III, who underachieved, but still had more points than the starting QB with 14.54 against a projected 20.66.
- 3 of the 9 starters scored zero points for BIG BLUE.
- BIG BLUE needed more points from the QB position, where GMEN beat them 30.68 - 14.10.
- It was a season-low 1.20 points for Torrey Smith this week. It was also a season-low for his performance versus projections, reaching only 10.4% of a projected point total of 11.55.
- If GMEN played BIG BLUE every week, they would be 1-5 this season.
- Besides BIG BLUE, GMEN would have beaten only one other team this week.
- If they played the same schedule as BIG BLUE, GMEN would be 1-3.
- GMEN would be 10-20 if they played every team every week.
- BIG BLUE would have lost to every other team in the league this week.
- Had they played each other last week, GMEN would have lost to BIG BLUE 98.56 - 51.52.
- If they played the same schedule as GMEN, BIG BLUE would be 3-1.
- BIG BLUE would be 20-10 if they played every team every week.
- The 12.38-point margin of victory was the largest in the league this week and 10th-biggest in the league this season.
- It was the lowest score of the season for BIG BLUE. Their 79.90 points were also last in the league in scoring for the week.
- GMEN won by scoring 92.28 points, the lowest winning score in the league this season.
- Despite being on the winning team, Trent Richardson had a season-low 5.30 points against a projected 14.53 and has now underachieved in three straight games.
- Doug Martin scored 9.10 points against a projected 15.15 in the win, and has now scored below his projection in five straight games.
- The margin of victory of 12.38 points was the worst loss of the season for BIG BLUE.
- GMEN got 14.40 points from their RBs this week, the lowest combined scoring output from the RB position for any team this week.
- Marshawn Lynch scored 27.50 points, the third-highest RB score in the league this season, but it was not enough to get a win for BIG BLUE.
- Points by NFL Position
- Top Players by Points
- Game Flow
- Weekly Scoring Comparison
- BIG BLUE
Recaps impacted by a stat correction will be updated by Saturday.