Powered by Automated Insights The Royal Tannehills Defies the Experts to Defeat TDeny, Climbs to Third Place
- The Royal Tannehills
The Royal Tannehills benefited from 32.86 points from Matt Ryan and 24.25 from Calvin Johnson to beat TDeny 86.86 - 66.31. They came into the matchup as an 18.16-point underdog. The Royal Tannehills met expectations and scored 7.2% more than their projected 80.99 points, while TDeny underwhelmed and scored only 66.9% of a projected 99.15. TDeny suffered a substantial drop in scoring from last week's 91.58 - 59.99 win against LENNY's Nifty Team. With Kevin Cone delivering zero points for The Royal Tannehills, the outcome could have been worse. The Royal Tannehills (5-2, 602.83 points) climbs into third place while TDeny (4-3, 573.46 points) drops to ninth place.
Smooth Moves by The Royal Tannehills
- Calvin Johnson had 24.25 points, the highest WR score of the week and the fifth-highest WR score in the league this season.
- The 32.86 points scored by Matt Ryan ranked sixth in the league in scoring this week and fourth for any player on The Royal Tannehills this season.
- The 6.85 points by Charles Clay topped a projected 5.44, extending his overachievement streak to three weeks.
- Starter Kevin Cone put up a zero, but The Royal Tannehills still won.
- The Royal Tannehills was still able to pull out a win with only 4 of their 9 starters exceeding their projected points.
Toyota Missed Opportunities by TDeny
- Tom Brady scored 13.56 points against a projected 26.67 and has now underachieved in three straight games.
- The Royal Tannehills had a better day at the QB position, topping TDeny 32.86 - 13.56.
- The Royal Tannehills won the K position battle, beating TDeny 10.00 - 5.00.
- With 3.80 points, Adrian Peterson had his lowest output of the season and tallied just 27.4% of his 13.86 projected points, his lowest percentage of the year.
- The 2.55 points scored by DeSean Jackson was a season-low for both scoring and for his performance against projections. He reached only 20.5% of his 12.44 projected points this week.
- If The Royal Tannehills played TDeny every week, they would be 4-3 this season.
- The Royal Tannehills would have beaten 12 other teams besides TDeny this week.
- The Royal Tannehills would be 5-1 if they played the same schedule as TDeny.
- The Royal Tannehills would be 82-51 if they played every team every week.
- Besides The Royal Tannehills, TDeny would have been defeated by 14 other teams this week.
- Had they played each other last week, The Royal Tannehills would have lost to TDeny 91.58 - 76.44.
- If they played the same schedule as The Royal Tannehills, TDeny would be 5-1.
- If they played every team every week, TDeny would be 69-64.
- With 66.31 points, TDeny had their lowest output of the season.
- Kendall Wright scored 9.40 points against a projected 7.03 in the loss and has now beaten his projection in three straight games.
- Two of the starters for The Royal Tannehills scored higher than the leading scorer for TDeny.
- The Royal Tannehills improves to 1-1 in upset games this season.
- The Royal Tannehills is leveraging their draft well. This week they got 83.5% of their points from players they drafted.
- The margin of victory was the fifth-largest in the league this week.
- The 26.95 points scored by the WR on The Royal Tannehills was the fifth-biggest combined score by a team's WRs this week.
- In the loss, the Atlanta Falcons Defense scored 11.00 points against a projected 9.08 and exceeded their scoring projection by 21.1%.
- Points by NFL Position
- Top Players by Points
- Game Flow
- Weekly Scoring Comparison
- The Royal Tannehills
Recaps impacted by a stat correction will be updated by Saturday.