Powered by Automated Insights Kaptain Kielbasa Rallies to Inch by Slam Duncan, Climbs to Fourth Place
- Kaptain Kielbasa
- Slam Duncan
Kaptain Kielbasa (2-1, 263.52 points) stole one from Slam Duncan (0-3, 292.46 points) 74.26 - 73.00, led by Matt Forte with 17.10 points and Kenbrell Thompkins who had 16.10. Kaptain Kielbasa was the first to put points on the board and by Sunday was already in front 6.20 - 0. After the late Sunday games, they lost that lead and fell behind 73.00 - 54.16. Kaptain Kielbasa closed it out with a comeback on Monday night, thanks to 3.00 points from Sebastian Janikowski.
Smooth Moves by Kaptain Kielbasa
- Matt Forte had 17.10 points, the fifth-highest RB score of the week and the 10th-highest RB score in the league this season.
- Kenbrell Thompkins scored 16.10 points, the sixth-highest WR score in the league this week.
- With 12.00 points versus a projected 9.02, the New England Patriots Defense exceeded their scoring projection by 33.0%.
- With only 3 of their 9 starters beating their projected points, Kaptain Kielbasa was still able to win.
Toyota Missed Opportunities by Slam Duncan
- Picked up Josh Gordon but left him on the bench, where he scored the 10th-most points in the league and beat his projected point total by 170.9%, the ninth-highest percentage in the league.
- Missed out on an opportunity by leaving the 15.90 points scored by Giovani Bernard on the bench this week. He outperformed his projected point total by 133.2%, the 10th-highest percentage in the league.
- Chris Johnson has scored below his projection in every game this season after scoring 9.10 points against a projected 12.96 this week.
- Slam Duncan had 7 starters fail to reach their projections.
- It was a beating at QB for Slam Duncan, as they were outscored 10.46 - 5.00 by Kaptain Kielbasa.
- If Kaptain Kielbasa played Slam Duncan every week, they would be 1-2 this season.
- Kaptain Kielbasa would have beaten only two other teams besides Slam Duncan this week.
- If they played the same schedule as Slam Duncan, Kaptain Kielbasa would be 0-2.
- If Kaptain Kielbasa had played every team in the league each week, they would be 10-17.
- Besides Kaptain Kielbasa, Slam Duncan would have been defeated by seven other teams this week.
- Kaptain Kielbasa would have lost to Slam Duncan 124.78 - 112.46 had they played each other last week.
- Slam Duncan would be 1-1 if they played the same schedule as Kaptain Kielbasa.
- If they played every team every week, Slam Duncan would be 11-16.
- C.J. Spiller had a season-low 1.00 point against a projected 12.66 in the win and has now scored below his projection in every game this season.
- Kaptain Kielbasa has had its only two wins come in close games.
- The 74.26 points scored by Kaptain Kielbasa is the lowest winning score in the league this season.
- The margin of victory for the matchup ended up being the smallest in the league this week at 1.26 points.
- Slam Duncan remains winless in close games this season, falling to 0-2.
- The 73.00 points put up by Slam Duncan ranked ninth in the league this week.
- Julio Jones was on the losing team, but still had the ninth-highest score of any WR in the league this week with 12.20 points.
- Despite being on the winning team, Tony Gonzalez had a season-low 2.40 points against a projected 8.48 and underachieved for the second time this season.
- Points by NFL Position
- Top Players by Points
- Game Flow
- Weekly Scoring Comparison
- Kaptain Kielbasa
- Slam Duncan
Recaps impacted by a stat correction will be updated by Saturday.