Powered by Automated Insights Putin’s Bling Ring Picks Up Win Against Slam Duncan for Fourth in a Row
- Putin’s Bling Ring
- Slam Duncan
Putin’s Bling Ring remains unbeaten in two matchups against Slam Duncan with a 112.60 - 88.00 win. This week, Alshon Jeffery was the difference, garnering 36.90 points. It was quite an upgrade over the 19.88 points Andrew Luck got the last time these teams played. This is the closest win for Putin’s Bling Ring in two head-to-head matchups. They defeated Slam Duncan 116.88 - 86.14 in Week 4.
Smooth Moves by Putin’s Bling Ring
- The 36.90 points scored by Alshon Jeffery was the third-highest WR score in the league this week and the fourth-best point total by a WR in the league this season.
- Benched the St. Louis Rams Defense, which had the lowest DEF score on the team with 6.00 points.
- Picked up Julian Edelman, who beat his scoring projection by 42.9%, with 10.10 points against a projected 7.07.
- Jamaal Charles scored 18.00 points, which ranked ninth out of all the RBs in the league this week.
- Stephen Gostkowski had his highest output of the season with 14.00 points against a projected 8.34 and has now overachieved in seven straight games.
Toyota Missed Opportunities by Slam Duncan
- Fred Jackson, who was left on the bench, exceeded his 9.92-point projection with 19.80 points.
- Slam Duncan picked up the Arizona Cardinals Defense, which then fell short of their 9.56-point projection by scoring 5.00 points.
- 8 of the starters on Slam Duncan underperformed versus their projections.
- The 12.90 points scored by Tony Romo fell short of his 19.88-point projection, the fourth straight game where that has happened.
- It was a bad week at RB for Slam Duncan, who was outscored at the position 25.00 - 12.30 by Putin’s Bling Ring.
- If Putin’s Bling Ring played Slam Duncan every week, they would be 8-5 this season.
- Putin’s Bling Ring would have beaten seven other teams besides Slam Duncan this week.
- Putin’s Bling Ring would have defeated Slam Duncan 103.22 - 93.56 had they played each other last week.
- Putin’s Bling Ring would be 5-6 if they played the same schedule as Slam Duncan.
- Putin’s Bling Ring would be 74-43 if they played every team every week.
- Besides Putin’s Bling Ring, Slam Duncan would have been defeated by six other teams this week.
- If they played the same schedule as Putin’s Bling Ring, Slam Duncan would be 7-4.
- Slam Duncan would be 61-56 if they played every team every week.
- Luck has not been with Slam Duncan, as eight of their 10 losses have come when their opponent scores higher than their season average.
- Putin’s Bling Ring has won four straight games, the longest current winning streak in the league.
- The loss is the sixth straight for Slam Duncan and extends the longest current losing streak in the league.
- The WRs on Putin’s Bling Ring collectively had their best week of the season with 47.30 points.
- With 12.30 points, Slam Duncan got the lowest combined scoring output from the RB position for any team this week.
- In the loss, Josh Gordon scored 38.10 points, the third-highest WR score in the league this season.
- Slam Duncan is in last place in the league for the fifth week this season.
- Putin’s Bling Ring overachieved and improves to 5-2 when doing so, while Slam Duncan fell short of their projection. They are now 1-6 when scoring less than expected.
- Points by NFL Position
- Top Players by Points
- Game Flow
- Weekly Scoring Comparison
- Putin’s Bling Ring
- Slam Duncan
Recaps impacted by a stat correction will be updated by Saturday.